Manchester Blood Bikes

10 Posts | Latest reply on 20/10/2012 00:24:28 by Phil | Go to original / last post
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

In: Nottingham for n
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Caught this today on Radio 4 about a charity organisation called Manchester Blood Bikes its starts around 24.20 in on the bbc i player link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mdg9w/You_and_Y...rket_wine/   seemed a worthwhile cause and good to see volunteer bikers get some recognition and airtime for the charity work they do. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Yes the guys are doing a damn fine splendid job in and around Manchester  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Nice one Roo Thumbs Up   As an inverterate Radio 4 listener Wacko   I was surprised that I'd missed this Confused   But well worth a listen Approve   A good "positive" story about bikers for a change Clap                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Some years back (30) in North London, yes London where we're all hobby bikers ;o) I was part of an organisation called the Emergency Voluntary Service [EVS] doing much the same thing, transferring stocks of blood across the capital and sometimes beyond.
We'd do a 12 hour 7pm - 7am shift from the base in, as I recall, a converted potting shed on an allotment that somehow we'd managed to get a phone line installed in.
It was ok in the summer but my god it was awful in the winter.
The team unfortunately folded but I'm wondering if the Manchester Blood Bikes are part of the National Association of Blood Bikes, got me looking for London branch now !!                                                                                                                                                                             
baza 2458's Profile
baza 2458

In: brighton

hi im a member of serv we are the biggest group of blood runners in the country i been delivering blood for 6 years in sussex we are getting more puplicity since the honda advert but the best reconition you can get is when you turn up and parents are standing there waiting and thank you personaly you then rember why you do it baza
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Baza, is there a london specific wing of SERV or is the capital covered by the outlying counties ?

Graham                                                                                                                                                                             
kawasakininja's Profile
kawasakininja

In: cheshire

Yes I also think that this is a great thing that these bikers are doing & Thumbs Up "Well Done" Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
xXx_J9_xXx's Profile
xXx_J9_xXx

In: Wrexham

Top chaps Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This sure did bring memories back of the 60s/70s when bikers used to ferry blood all over for us. Brilliant guys too.
Well done lads , keep up the great and needy work...Thumbs Up Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

The website for the northwest blood bikes is   http://nwbloodbikes.org/                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 682 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption