the end of a road racing legend

5 Posts | Latest reply on 16/09/2012 22:52:31 by kwakgirl | Go to original / last post
cyc's Profile
cyc

In: Leyland
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ryan Farquhar has told the Belfast News Letter he will never race again following the tragic death of his uncle at the Manx Grand Prix on Wednesday.

Trevor Ferguson (48) from Castlecaulfield in Co Tyrone lost his life after he fell while competing on one of Farquhar's KMR Kawasaki machines in the Supertwin race in the Isle of Man.

my thoughts and prayers go out to Trevors family

and to Ryan thanks for years of great racing,
good luck in whatever you do 
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I had the privilege of watching Ryan at Olivers Mount in July   Where he totally dominated the day's events in the solo classes   He will be sadly missed on the road racing scene   My thoughts and condolences go to him and all his extended family   My good wishes also for his future endeavours   The sport of road racing will collectively mourn his loss   Thank you Ryan for your contribution   RIP Trevor                                                                                                                                                                                
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

it is not actually just Ryan whos packed up, but John Burrows and Mick Chatterton also announced their retirement. Mick has been racing roads for 52 years !!!   i understand Ryan will be at Scarboro this weekend with his team KMR although apart from possibly a lap of honour he will not be throwing his leg over the bike to race. Im sure Jamie Hamilton will take on the challenge tho and do the team proud                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Sad to hear of Mick and John's retirement Unhappy   I saw "Chat" mix it with the likes of Agostini at international meets at Cadwell and Mallory in the late 60's & 70's Approve   I hope Ryan takes to the commentary box in Scarborough again Big smile   It was good to hear him at the Cock o the North meet in July Smile   I'm sure that Jamie will be showing the same determination this weekend Ermm   He was giving Ryan a good run for his money last time out at Olivers Mount Wink   I expect to see the the KMR team heading the field again Smile   And with a good forecast weatherwise, another great weekend's racing is assured Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

Fantastic to see Robbie Sylvester out on a bike again today! Even better than anyone else in that lap of honour including Hutchy! :)))                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2344 seconds. There are 935 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption