Scotoiler tip

13 Posts | Latest reply on 02/08/2012 21:52:23 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
Freebooter's Profile
Freebooter

In: Skye
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A mate gave me this one: make a bracket for the front sprocket and use chainsaw oil. Not tried it yet but the scot oil is thin and goes everywhere.
anyone tried this or other way?

And anyone know how to rectify a newbies incompetence by removing a double-posted topic? Sorry

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Hi and welcome to the club, hope you enjoy your time here with us.   I've asked one of the moderators to delete it for you. If it happens again just click on the 'notify mod' button/icon and type a message to them and they will oblige.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

duplicate post deleted Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

and talking of Scotoilers.... I've  never had a (working) one on a bike before and our recently aquired Bonneville has one fitted (looks like the standard V system)...  erm, how do i switch it 'on' ? i know it only feeds with the engine running, just wondered where to set the big knob Smile on top to... ta Neil                                                                                                                                                                             
Freebooter's Profile
Freebooter

Cheers girls. Kindred tykes do it again. I miss home sometimes.

Neil: It was on mine fitted as well. No instructions but I gather it's vacuum fed from a carb inlet. I've set mine to no.1 on the dial as the other end has 'prime' on it, so believe it would run faster. That's the theory anyhow.

..and these 'nods'. A way of sayin 'ta' or an equivalent of a 'wink'?? Don't wanna get it wrong now do I.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

yeah I wasnt really sure which end of the scale was 'min' and 'max' so i guess i'll try it in the middle to start with.. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Stella it was the other thread for deletion not this one LOL. Will you delete my last post please?, in this thread, and this post when you've deleted that?                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Freebooter, a nod has many different meanings depending on who is sending it. It was introduced to replace the wink, cos that was deemed, by some, too familiar.                                                                                                                                                                              
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

In: Silverstone and

I'm never keen on front sprocket oiling, the rear tyre is behind it so if it drips onto the road or in the garage and you ride over it... Well you get the Idea. my favourite oiler of all the ones I've fitted is this one http://www.pdoiler.co.uk/about_us.htm   Easy to fit and wired to my rear light, and easy to adjust and the oil is spot on, not too tacky either.                                                                                                                                                                             
S24_SDJ's Profile
S24_SDJ

In: Huddersfield

A heavy gear oil (90w) works in mine no problem.                                                                                                                                                                             
Freebooter's Profile
Freebooter

Sandi: Really? So a nod is not as good as a wink. Or is it? I think I'll take a nod as the same as a poke in the ribs. It gets my attention.

VT: See the point but maybe the thicker oil would aleviate that. And whats with the wiring for the pdoiler? Every time you brake it squirts? Must be hell in town.
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

In: Silverstone and

It's connected to the rear light that is on all the time when bike is ridden, there is a timer on a solenoid that has a pump every 50 seconds or so to release a small drip, when Ignition off the pump stops. Much easier than the Vacuum set up jobbies.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I have to agree with Tel Thumbs Up   The vacuum type work well under "normal" road conditions Ermm ( I have a Scott on my other Duke Wink )   But for prolonged high speed work (motorways) they can leave the chain "unlubed" for many miles Shocked   The constant feed electronic one is my choice for the current Duke Approve   He'll be getting one for Christmas Big smile                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 1098 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption