Is this normal?

12 Posts | Latest reply on 08/08/2012 14:02:22 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Zedbiker's Profile
Zedbiker

In: South Molton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all. 
I just came to the BM website to check out the latest happenings and I was asked to validate my email address. Is this normal?
I usually check the site daily (in fact I looked earlier today) to keep up with events and I certainly haven't been away for 90 days. It seems to have activated again okay but just a bit concerned. Maybe I touched a button by mistake?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Zedbiker                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Zed yes its normal even us mods have to do it lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Zedbiker's Profile
Zedbiker

Thank you for your rapid response. Been doing some downloading and I was concerned I may be being spayed on. Lol. Thanks again.                                                                                                                                                                             
Zedbiker's Profile
Zedbiker

Spyed* bloody predictive text. Lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Zed it happens every 90 days unless Matt has changed it. It's a security feature, I believe.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Sorry don't know how I missed this topic.

Yes it happens every 90 days for ALL accounts, inc staff.

It doesn't say you've been inactive for 90 days.... it says you haven't validated your email address in 90 days.

The purpose is to keep our records up to date to ensure you can always maintain access to your account should you forget your password and also that we don't email old/dead email addresses.

After 180 days if you still haven't re-verified your account you will no longer receive any notifications or emails from us such as newsletters.                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Might be worth mentioning that Microsoft are rebranding Hotmail as Outlook. I assume MS will transfer existing Hotmail accounts to Outlook addresses but members will probably need to update their registered e-mail address with BM. I can see potential problems here in the coming months so worth getting the word out early. Matt, might be worth a bulk PM to all members a few days before MS make the switch.

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Oh jeez! I dislike change. MSN are drivng me mad at the moment, whenever I log in to my account I get a pop-up asking me to upgrade my security. I have to click 'save' to get to my mail box. I  have 3 separate MSN mail accounts.   Ta for the heads-up Simon Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

I went to change my password today and it said I had to use min 8  and be mixed upper and lower case well thats me finished I will never remember that                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

JP I don't know why it said that, when I changed my password just yesterday, or day before, all I did was type in the password and it accepted it and I didn't use anything other than lowercase letters.   For those who don't know, or can't remember, myself included lol, how to change your password go to 'My Account' and then 'Edit' type in a new password in the space provided and then click on 'change details'  at the bottom of the form.                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

I will try again                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Did it work? JP                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 585 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption