Northumberland and the Borders

15 Posts | Latest reply on 16/07/2012 16:06:48 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

Anyone fancy a ride in the Northumberland / Borders area?
Possibly a bimble round the back of a Cheviot?
I'm thinking a Saturday ride, nothing complex but with options for coffee and toasties on the way.
Anyone interested or should I go back to sleep?
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

STAY AWAKE THAT MAN!!! You can count me in for starters Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

There is a ride out to the Borders and camp at St Marys Loch 24-26 AugErmm                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Well that looks like a good start.
It won't next weekend cos SWIMBO and me are off to Cairdow, and there is a camping do in the Lakes at the end of the month.

So Saturday 21st July could be it.

I was thinking Rotherbury, Wooler, Yeltholm, Carter Bar, Otterburn and home. Although that's no guarantee as to where things would actually end up.

Wuss that I am it will be weather dependent because it's a motorbike not a motorboat.
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

Sat 21st works for me, tropical mosoons permitting!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I will be on the scootaboot in Fort William that weekend.                                                                                                                                                                             
TigerTim's Profile
TigerTim

In: Bishop Auckland

Would have loved it but going away in the caravan then                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

I saw this and was ooooooooooh... but I want to ride my bike.. can't on the Sunday as at an event so won't get another opportunity that weekend and gaining confidence in my own riding is gonna stand me in better stead to join in on things like this...   So sitting here half excited for knowing that I'll be off somewhere on my bike because it's what I've been desperate for for such a long long time and half gutted because you are wickedly good company!!   Have fun though and take lots of pics so I can lean more towars the gutted side than the excited and well.. you know what I mean Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

What we need to do then missus is organise a ride-out more suitable for 125's and newbies sometime.
You think there would be many interested in the area?
If so I'll put me mind to it.

Either that or you could just go for it Thumbs Up

rockchickeelicious

Already started this...   This is how the rideout you joined started.. to get us all together and check out a North East Base up here...   Have a Possie of Folk who will help with the Learner Ride Outs.. about half of whom were on the rideout. It's in the General Chat Forum...   I'm moving on Saturday.. so have said when I get sorted that the Learner Pool will be found... Have three already before some tosser came along and tipped my life on it's ass... But Matt is going to help with a database search... so it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks and we can get the first one sorted...   But like they say.. great minds think alike eh... Thumbs Up     As for your Rideout.. I checked it out on BBR Motorbike Rides.. it is 5* for bends.. I would be in a hedge before you knew it or about 500 miles behind you all lol                                                                                                                                                                               
rockchickeelicious

Might make it to Rothbury and meet you for a cup of tea then let you all on your merry way..                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchickeelicious

Link to Learner Discussion...   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...c_id=10336                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

OK I'll check out the learner link...                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've tried to add this ride as an event... I may have made a pigs ear of itConfused                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Update, this run is now not only dependent on the weather but also me getting the back wheel fitted again Friday night.
And it hasn't made to the event's forum so I obviously got summat wrong.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 1321 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption