I am the Proudest Mom in the World

50 Posts | Latest reply on 22/07/2012 21:18:38 by Alice2 | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Jackie I am SOOOOOO proud for you. You have a wonderful Son & it's all down to you & the way that You've brought him up.     Gooooooo DR Groebs ***shakes pom poms in the air & does a back flip*** PartyBeer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

How wonderful, congratulations.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Stella , did tell him that Spesh wants him to use Dr Potter, but he is not convinced lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Jackie said:

My son (who is 25 years old) knew what he wanted to do when he grew up from the age of 7. At the age of 8, his Dad walked out, so we became a single parent family. He worked hard and passed his 11+ entry exam for grammar school. Just before he was due to start my sister passed away unexpectedly, her daughter who is 5 days older than my son, came to live with us. My son gave up his place at grammar school so he could go to the local school with his cousin and support her during this horrible time. 3 years later my Dad passed away, very big influence and part of all our kids lives, My Son and my niece asked if they could go and stay with my Mum for a few weeks so she wasn't alone. He helped his cousin through her GCSEs and tutored others. He stayed on at 6th form to gain the qualification that he needed. He got A*s on all his exams. He was refused a place at all the Medical Schools he applied to. So took himself off to Sussex Uni for 3 years to do Molecular Medicine as a back door into Med School. He passed with flying colours and was accepted at all the Med Schools he applied too. He has given up a social life and all that goes with it to study and guess what ...... today it paid off .....So proud to announce that from today my Son aka Ian aka Groebs is officially a DOCTOR !!!!

Jackie, your son seems a wonderful person, so thoughtful and caring, so no surprise he became a Doctor. You have every right to be proud of him, and of yourself.

Congratulations Ian, your hard work paid off, good luck for the future
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Thanks all, i know i am biaised thinking how wonderful he is lol Mums perogative.

Few of you folks have met him, he came to Amsterdam with us and joined us at the Xmas party in 2010, were i hasten to add Sumo and Ned were a bad influence lol

Taking him down to Plymouth tomm so he can house hunt before he starts work at Plymouth General, so for those of you who live that way be warned :)
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Brilliant glad to hear it all come good in the end Jackie, and so you should be over the moon he's a credit to you, hope Ian has a long and successful career                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Dropped him off in Plymouth to house hunt, god help the neighbours lol                                                                                                                                                                              
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

That is fantastic Jackie...With all that he's done i.e place at G school given up for his cous, then both going to stop at your mums after the loss of your dad to help her through it, helping cous through her GCSE's then facing med school rejections & finding another way of proving his worth till they HAD to accept him, jeez if I ever need a doc I want him!!!   Good reasons to be proud of him Jackie....And I hope he's as proud of his mum who had to be there to get him through it.... HugClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapHug                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Are you sure Red lol
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Just so you know who to avoid, this is what the Doctor looks like now lol

old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Fosters in one hand, scalpel in the other.....Just so long as he knows what he's doing with at least one of them, he's the doc!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Tell him to get his hair cut, the scruffy oick!Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Wow B.J. your boy is *coughs* truly handsome.. Embarrassed    Think the heartrate of more than a few Nurses are going to go up... Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

In the second pic Ian reminds me of a singer, I can't remember the name of. lol   Edit: Ooo I've remembered, James Blunt, only Ian is better looking.   http://people.famouswhy.com/james_blunt/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

But then, Rockchicky always had a pendent for toyboysHeartEmbarrassed ....esp ones wiv big... Ermmeyebrows                                                                                                                                                                              
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

What a lovely outcome for you both BJ - you have every right to be proud lassie.  Wishing him many years of happiness doing what he always wanted Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey BJ i'll let family know that there's an excellent doc going their way;  daughter's partner works in Plymouth x                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Sandi i'll tell him what you said :)   Wee One yep for warned is forearmed.   Just have to compose myself for his graduation now, have had to promise not to shout out 'Thats my Boy' when he walks on stage LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Only just caught up with this one, but congratulations!
I used to be great mates with a broad Brummie medical student when I was at uni, a lad who could drink and generally raise hell to Olympic standard. I gather he's now a terribly senior consultant...one day I intend to confront him about his pastEvil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Congratulations Jackie to both of you 

Sometimes they just make you feel fit to burst dont they xxxxx

and  us single mums are not  so bad after all  ...good job well done Hug
hes a credit to you and just shows if you put your mind to it and work hard you can achieve our goals                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9680 seconds. There are 581 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption