I am the Proudest Mom in the World

50 Posts | Latest reply on 22/07/2012 21:18:38 by Alice2 | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Sorry folks, i had just had to do this :)

My son (who is 25 years old) knew what he wanted to do when he grew up from the age of 7.  At the age of 8, his Dad walked out, so we became a single parent family.  He worked hard and passed his 11+ entry exam for grammar school.  Just before he was due to start my sister passed away unexpectedly, her daughter who is 5 days older than my son, came to live with us.  My son gave up his place at grammar school so he could go to the local school with his cousin and support her during this horrible time.  3 years later my Dad passed away, very big influence and part of all our kids lives, My Son and my niece asked if they could go and stay with my Mum for a few weeks so she wasn't alone.  He helped his cousin through her GCSEs and tutored others.  He stayed on at 6th form to gain the qualification that he needed.  He got A*s on all his exams.  He was refused a place at all the Medical Schools he applied to.  So took himself off to Sussex Uni for 3 years to do Molecular Medicine as a back door into Med School.  He passed with flying colours and was accepted at all the Med Schools he applied too.  He has given up a social life and all that goes with it to study and guess what ...... today it paid off .....

So proud to announce that from today my Son aka Ian aka Groebs is officially a DOCTOR !!!!

CAN HONESTLY SAY THERE IS NO PROUDER MOM ON THIS PLANET

Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Woooo Hoooo..... Thats excellent news Jackie....... well done Ian..... xxxxxxxxxxx                    Handshake Who wouldnt be proud eh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

YAA PARTY TIME drinks on you then xx Now stop cryin BJ                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Brought tears to my eyes Jac, so incredibly happy for you both. We all had faith it would be a pass but that doesn't compare to the announcement that he's officially gone and done it. Well done Groebs x                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

well done...great to hear !Big smile bet you have a grin from ear to ear thru all the tears! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Cheers folks cant stop grinning and yep have shed a few tears as well :)

V your right, i always had faith but nowt like hearing it officially                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Fabulous news BJ....I know you've been waiting for this
Huge congratulations to Ian - his dedication, determination and hard work have paid off at last....what an absolute gem   You deserve your pride too and a GREAT BIG PAT ON THE BACK for being a lovely supportive mom!                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Congratulations...Ian sounds like a really great bloke.  Nice to hear that his dedication and application have seen him achieve his dream.

A Son to be proud of without doubt !

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Does he do special rates for BMers?Wink   ps Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Congratulations Groebs and Jackie a proud moment for you both Al                                                                                                                                                                             
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Brillant news                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Too right you had to do it BJ ,
it's a magnificent achievement for both yourself and your son, and I'm so  very glad for you both.

Warmest hearted congratulations
.x.x.x.

rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Wow! Wow.. wow.. Wow B.J.!!   You could write a book.. it is an amazing life story to hear... Hugs and lush to both of you.. and HUGE Congratulations!!!!   You are bloody amazing Lady.. as is your Son.. xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

Huge respect and love for you both. Couldn't be happier or prouder if he was one of my own !!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Yea yea! As Han solo once said along time ago in a galaxy far far away....... Don't get cocky kid!   You've done him proud Jackie. A role model for single mums everywhere. But wot am i supposed to do with all this apple crumble? Ah well, more for me. GeekBig smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

BJ, 

I'm not sure there's much I can add to what everyone else has said, so I'll just say "DITTO"

You milk it all you want, if we can't be proud of our kids then there's something wrong.

XX Hug Hug XX                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Excellent Jackie. You both must be very proud and deserve the achievement. Who said hard work never pays Thumbs Up.   Now about my back.........Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Well done Jackie, and huge congrats to your son. You should be very proud of him, and some of the kids around where I live should take a leaf out of his book. Bit concerned that Ann thinks he's an amazing lady though; lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Fantastic news BJ and bestest congratulations to Ian, sooooo pleased that hard work and dedication, with mum support, paid off x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well done Jackie's son! Clap

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 588 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption