Help, my side car failed it's MOT miserably!

67 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2012 23:07:26 by Eight | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yayyyy that's great news Emma!Thumbs Up Looking forward to meeting Claude someday soon Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Eight's Profile
Eight

In: Belper

Thanks Paul, I'd really like that.

And thanks Karey... He's looking forward to meeting you too ( he's got his doggles and scarf at the ready! ) 

I better get practising...Aargh!

x                                                                                                                                                                              
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

In: Ashbourne

ahh you got it sorted I know of a garage in derby thats preatty good if you ever get stuck   Glad your getting back on two wheels if we get some sun should be a good summer :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Eight's Profile
Eight

Thanks, Cavywavy, gonna take some practice but should be out to play soon,

Emma                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hope you make pilly day Emma + Claude, be great to see you both there ..Thumbs Up x                                                                                                                                                                             
Eight's Profile
Eight

Ah thanks sweetie, Claude's getting a bit fair weather in his old age, so might just be me!

Fingers crossed for some good weather,

E & C x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Brilliant Emma love.... see you there x                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Emma, as we discussed on Sunday, your outfit needs "setting up" Shocked   My plans for this week were sadly thrown awry by dodgy clutch Unhappy   But I WILL be down to yours to sort it for you Thumbs Up   And to give you some basic lessons in outfit riding Approve   Meanwhile try to take it back to the car park you used before and try some "gentle" figure 8's in both directions using throttle and front brake to make the outfit turn Approve   I'll PM you with firm date and time for my visit Thumbs Up   Stick with it hon, it's the most fun you can have with your leathers on when you get it right Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

Apologies for hi-jacking this thread slightly but while the outfit experts are tuned in I have a question. I've been thinking of switching to an outfit mainly so I can take my dogs out with me (never did learn to drive one of those 4-wheeled things you see about the place). Done a bit of research and all was looking good until I came across a comment on one website that claimed although outfits are often ridden by people with physical disabilities that prevent them riding solo bikes their not always suitable because the extra twisting invloved in turning the bars can put extra strain on the lower back. As that is MY weakspot, a result of a slipped disc many years back, I was wondering what the opinion of you guys and gals out there is, does riding an outfit involve putting much extra strain on the lower back?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Don't u remember that nifty 3-wheeler at Bikewise?  And it had a steering wheel! dogs cud sit behind u.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

A good outfit, correctly set up, is as easy to drive/ride as a solo Thumbs Up   I've ridden outfits all my life (off and on) and only ever had "fun" riding them   But "badly aligned" outfits are a "pig" to ride even for an experienced pilot If they are not "set up" correctly they can be very scary even dangerous for a novice   It should steer "hands off" in a straight line and only "normal" input on the bars will get you round corners   The "natural" tendencies for the bike to "drive round the chair" when power is applied and for the "chair to come round the bike" when braking" (with front brake) Makes outfit riding a positive pleasure   "Leading link" front forks" and or "hub centre steering" are a "must" for bigger outfits (IMHO) as they help the steering  to to transfer the input in the "correct plane" for "upright" cornering (ala car) Pm me if you want further info Centurian Thumbs Up I'd be happy to help Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Cheers emzed, I won't give up on the idea then and I'll mostly likely get back to you when I can take it further. And XK, that was nice sure enough but probably bloody expensive and at the end of the day more of a car than a proper bike!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i'm sure Em wud knok u up one (mates rates)LOL   ps - it wos a Yammy!                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

And there you see, thats another thing against it! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

No wurries mate Smile   You already have the ideal bike for a good outfit Wink   That "Flying Brick" of yours would be just the job Thumbs Up   Leading link forks (readily available at reasonable cost)   Add sidecar and AWAY Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Emma, have you got your outfit sorted yet? I know of a guy who regularly tests outfits, only thing is his MOT station is about 50 mile from yours.... He only does motorcycle MOT's.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

It's sorted now thanks Bluey Thumbs Up   She got it tested and I've had a look at it and done what I can for now to "improve" the handling Ermm   But it's good to know for future tests Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Eight's Profile
Eight

Hey Bluey, Thanks for the info, as Emzed says it's great to know, thanks.

Centurion - My outfit's a handful ( to say the least ) and I am also prone to back pain but it's never triggered or exacerbated by riding her.

But my arms... there's another story!

I am very far from being a side car expert but if I can help at all, just let me know,

Emma and Claude x 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

have you been in touch with thses guys??   http://www.sidecars.org.uk                                                                                                                                                                              
Eight's Profile
Eight

Yep, I have thanksThumbs Up

They're having a rally not far from here in August, which should be fun and they've put me in touch with someone who can make a screen and hood too. So it's all good.

Should be up and running just in time for winter...Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 648 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption