Urgent Warning Farmyarders

10 Posts | Latest reply on 13/06/2012 02:17:46 by madscots | Go to original / last post
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

All those attending the Farmyard ExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamation The police around Malton have been stopping bikes that are "loaded"   In some instances they have made folk unpack the bike, (including emptying panniers) and re-pack the load to their (the police) satisfaction Shocked   So, please be "aware" of this latest tactic and try to ensure that your load is :   Evenly distributed Firmly secured   Then they have no reason to bother you Thumbs Up   Have safe and uneventful journey Approve   See ya'll there Cool   Sorry should have posted this at the weekend but forgot, due to "other" distractions Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Have the police been trained in load distribution and security? very unlikely as this come's with experiance not in a classroom. I can understand the Idea but if you have just traveled miles with not problem's what is the isuse                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Jp - For some time, north Yorkshire police have seemed to have a downer on bikes in whatever way they can. Not so long ago  they were in Helmsley Market place with a static display van, inviting bikers (not car drivers) to go and learn how to use the road 'correctly'!!!!

Even on my way there, I spotted 4 patrol cars hiding on tracks along a well known bike road, waiting for their chance to pounce!!!!

Obviously, no other crimes are committed in North Yorks, if they can be so generous with their patrol cars ...... all in the name of road safety of course!

JP's Profile
JP

If you fancy upsetting there boss go along to a local meeting where the chief Constable is and confront him as to why thay think its right to disseminate against motorcyclists                                                                                                                                                                              
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

Dont think there is GVW for bikes so I presume they cant do you for overloading, anyone?                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

A bike can be over loaded its the worked out on the tyre and suspension loading                                                                                                                                                                              
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Clap emzed i'm really grateful that you've posted this as I am SO guilty of taking way to many things and piling it onto the bike - using 4 ratchet straps Shocked.   I will take only essential things and make certain it's all even. (I do try to do this anyway - but it does look a bit squiggly sometimes)   Thanks again for this emzed Handshake (not sure if I go that way, however, better to be safe than sorry)                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

These roadside "checks" are being carried out all round the "Farmyard" area Shocked ie; Malton, Helmsley, PIckering and York   They are not, repeat NOT official Ministry checkpoints Angry As sometimes seen by the roadside, they are just springing up at random Disapprove Although that doesn't make them any easier to "deal with" Unhappy   So just beware peeps Wink   Wouldn't want to spoil your FYP before you get there Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

If they asked me to unload and re-load the bike I'd tell them to piss off unless they can prove there and then that the load was unsafe. They can give me as much shit as they like but as a fully legal motorist with an advanced car license and former racing license who pays particular attention to detail when loading the bike I won't do sod all for them unless they have a justifiable reason, which they won't where I'm concerned. Having said that, I've never actually had any problems with the police and regularly drink with several retired coppers in the pub.

madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

TBH it will be aimed at the ones with well over loaded bikes that are dangerous to road users.  That is to say not properly strapped down or sticking too far out on each side of the bike.

Also if the bike is not loaded properly then it won't be very safe in terms of handling.  Some folk would try get away with plastic bag panniers if they could LOL

Get the right bike for the right job Thumbs Up

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 615 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption