Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend

187 Posts | Latest reply on 01/08/2012 17:35:50 by Rooster roo | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Did someone mention the Crimmymeister  Evil Smile   Oh yes , i'll be there Big smile   Got my voddy Nodz and ready to party  Beer hic   Looking forward to meeting up with the rest of you guys too .. see ye Friday  Approve                                                                                                                                                                                   
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

In: Nottingham for n

As JustJerry said there's the Wainrights pub in walking distance and think theres another nearby. Hope you guys are ok for saturday morning and tackling them passes going to be challenging folks.... See you friday Thumbs Up   Just so your all aware of facilities at campsite and the reg's here's the link to their website http://baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                               
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

As JustJerry said there's the Wainrights pub in walking distance and think theres another nearby. Hope you guys are ok for saturday morning and tackling them passes going to be challenging folks.... See you friday Thumbs Up   Just so your all aware of facilities at campsite and the reg's here's the link to their website http://baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                               
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

not gonna make this now unfortunately as i have to run down to the midlands to look at a bike.....another time guys...have fun!!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

The site rules look ok to me Rooster.
At my age by the time I walk back after a refreshing drink, I'll be ready for me sleep.
The passes will be there all day, as are a bunch of other fun roads I want to go play with.
The secret will be avoiding the tourists.
To that end I suggest we bring some cones and "road closed" signs.... Big smile

Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

The secret will be avoiding the tourists Hmmph this is the Lakes in July Steve...major pedestrian lurching out into road hazard in Ambleside & Keswick   Did the road approaching the Honister pass yesterday and it was quiet enough with not too many cars around although the honeypot towns are chocca   The weather has been atrocious the last week although it remained dry today. The forecast for the weekend is looking a lot better than earlier this week....we totally missed out on the sunny heatwave enjoyed everywhere else in the UK   The best weather will be on your ride over on Friday. there's scattered showers & bits of sun fore cast for saturday....but it is the Lakes so that's about what you can expect....and the fells and mountains look just as magnificent (well, just so long as you can see em Big smile)                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

longs I got some jd and good company sure rest will fit in somewhere lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

Well put madscots Beer. Sorry you can't make it Kwakgirl hope you get that new bike sorted and thanks for letting me know. Welcome aboard Dean-o Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I'm thinking of   "killing two birds with one stone" Wink   Riding overnight Friday to meet you lot for breakfast Approve   Whilst checking out the route for a "night ride" Thumbs Up   It's only about 130 miles from me so about 100 from Squires Big smile   So don't be surprised if there's a blue Ducati sitting there Confused   That wasn't there when you went to bed Wacko   But I don't think I'll be attempting the passes Ermm   With the clutch and carb in their present state Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

It'll be good to see you there emzed.

Anyway me bikes packed and I'll be going straight from work so should be over there about 7:00. In plenty of time to get the tent up and get to know yer all before we head to the pub.

Look out for a red TDM.

Anyone planned any routes yet for the Saturday ride?
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

What's the itinery...am thinking of maybe coming up Saturday morning..                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Wake up, sober up and go for a ride LOL
I expect that wrynose and hardknott will feature although after that I don't know what's planned. 
A run up to Hartside is always good for a laugh if people want something spectacular.
It's Rooster's gig, I'm sure he'll be online later with suggestions.
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

Hi folks, the plans for saturday are to ride the Hardknott and Wrynose passes which means we will end up on the coast road, from there we can either head north and then cut across to Keswick for a stop, and from there we have the option of going onto the Hartside pass and cafe. Alternatively we can head south on the coast road and cut across to Windermere for those who don't want to do to much riding. If anyone doesn't wish to take on too many miles and those 1in 3's on the passes we can meet up at Keswick or Windermere. We're lucky to have Minnie with us who lives locally who no doubt may have other suggestions if needed. Set off by 10am if possible depending how everyone feels at the end of the day we can discuss this further when we meet friday. May I take this oportunity to thank you all for joining us look forward to meeting friends old and new ride safe and see you friday or saturday for those turning up later. I plan to be at the campsite around 3 to 4pm.Thumbs Up p.s Will log on to BM in the morning before I set off if you have any queries.                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

How about this for an idea?   After getting to the west coast head north up the A591 then turn back east inland to Loweswater, Crummock water & Buttermere and then back towards Keswick via the Honister pass. Or alternatively head to Loweswater then back to keswick via the Whinlatter Pass.   From Keswick you can take the A66 to Penrith if you fancy Hartside as well Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

Yep good idea Minnie thank you, I knew you'd come up with something we can put this to the group tomorrow Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

And on the way to hartside how about the old mill at little salkeld for serious soup and artisan breads. I won't get you (too) lost I promise.                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

have a good weekend you guys ride safe and see you all soon i hopeThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Just setting off Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
justjerry's Profile
justjerry

In: The Lizard
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Me too, see you all up there  Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Finally, AT LAST! The cloud has lifted and Cumbria has sunshine! Whoop de whoop! Big smile   Enjoy the ride over. I'm off to work Disapprove   But see you later Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 466 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption