URGENT: Site errors - deadlock victim

121 Posts | Latest reply on 21/08/2007 06:22:19 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

22.16   Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Transaction (Process ID 116) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. /sites/bm/forum/all_topics.asp, line 125                                                                                                                                                                              
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

time 09.58

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31' Timeout expired /sites/bm/header_inc.asp, line 143                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

21.34   Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Transaction (Process ID 141) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. /sites/bm/forum/all_topics.asp, line 187                                                                                                                                                                              
babbsy's Profile
babbsy

In: Sidcup

Hi,  just got this message when going into forum 12/08 @ 22.10: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31' Timeout expired                                                                                                                                                                              
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

If any of you were as sad as me and woundering what was causing Matts headache then this is one probable cause. ( I wish i had not looked now)   Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005) Your transaction (process ID #<spid>) was deadlocked with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun your transaction. This can occur if you use an isolation level of READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED and have multiple concurrent connections attempting to run the same procedure or batch. Consider using REPEATABLE READ or even SERIALIZABLE, realizing that this will be a performance hit (usually sending lock blocks through the roof). Otherwise, try and make your T-SQL code more efficient, so that there is less chance that two unique users will trip over each other.           (source http://tutorials.aspfaq.com/8000xxxxx-errors/80004005-e...rrors.html)                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

23:13 - 12/08/2007   Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Transaction (Process ID 123) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. /sites/bm/forum/all_topics.asp, line 187                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yep - i told you it was hard to explain! lol.   Basically - u attempt to open data whilst someone else is.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok I've made some more changes, by setting up transaction lock types that should allow the server to manage requests better.   I've only changed the main forum page for now, so let's monitor it and see how we get on. Cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Changes applied to chatroom too - don't know if it's gonna help at all though, only time will tell.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

I'll let the others have a go in there first before I break it then Matt Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol, ok.  Dont think it's gonna be fixed though, not sure what else I can do now either.   I'm working with the webhosts to set up full-text indexing which may alleviate some problems                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok there have been some big changes made on the database now (Full text indexing configured for those in-the-know).   I'm hoping this will help us out a lot. Please continue to let me know of any errors you get, especially over the next 24 hours. Cheers!                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

22.01  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Transaction (Process ID 180) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. /sites/bm/forum/all_topics.asp, line 182                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

and again at 21.57   Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31' Timeout expired /sites/bm/forum/posts.asp, line 392                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

23.06 hrs     Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31' Timeout expired /sites/bm/header_inc.asp, line 143                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Dammit!  Just wish I could see what was locking the database at the time these errors occured.   I've got a course this week, wed-fri, and my teacher has offered to help me investigate this.  He's an SQL wiz as it's an SQL Designers course.   The internet sites have been pretty useless so far in helping me... don't give enough info to help solve the issue.   Keep the info coming though please, it all helps. Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Well what's everyone's opinion today???   You let this topic get to the second page of the forums, so I'm hoping that's good news!   I had a couple of time-outs, but nothing much today. Let me know how you're all getting on.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Just had my first one of the day... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Transaction (Process ID 99) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. /sites/bm/header_inc.asp, line 276   23:10 your time (GMT)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Quick poll: Is anybody bothered about the "Views" column in the forum?   It updates the database too often.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Nope                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 634 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption