info of steve jb from Bassett pole meet!

14 Posts | Latest reply on 04/06/2012 23:35:11 by davidneale | Go to original / last post
bic chick's Profile
bic chick

In: Tamworth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Steve had an accident 6 weeks ago, on his bright red trike, when returning home from Tues Bassett pole meet. He was at Sutton Coldfield just after turning left at Whitehouse common lights when a car with 2 tw**s decided to overtake 2 cars on the on coming traffic to Steve. The car took Steve out and left him for dead!
He was taken to QE because of his injuries where after numerous surgeries ended up with losing his leg just above the knee.
I am telling you this Knowing steve don't want your pity and has a wonderfull wife and family who together have battled most of the demons that something like this can conjure up. Also I and a few of Bmers and friends have made a visit to him an Event (only on f/book at mo)  every friday night since we found out, and rather than giving him anything we have found he helped us put a better slant on life.
On this note it is with great pleasure I announce, he is being allowed to visit us at basset's tonight and you can imagine he will be pleased to see as many friendly faces as pos. it will be a busy meet as the weather is so good, so hoping to reserve him a parking spot with the access to leave when needed. if anyone can help i would be grateful. x
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Good luck with this one bc . That's a fantastic attitude you've got there, hun. Steve is lucky to have such fine friends. Wish him well from another BMer Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Wow!! Am choked... Wow lovely... THAT's a truly fantastic thing you and your friends are doing... Echoing Alice2's sentiments... He is truly blessed to have friends like you and his family round him.. and wish him all the best too Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
bic chick's Profile
bic chick

see ya there anyone wanna say ello x                                                                                                                                                                              
bic chick's Profile
bic chick

Good meet tonight at Bassett's Stephen had loads of peps there to say hi, and he had a grin as big as jaws chewing on a sumo. So good to see him and he returned on time to hosp' so maybe able to do it again.
whoop whoop!

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
37% Karma37% Karma 37% Karma37% Karma

what real friends are all about ,this lifted my spirits so much just reading it,he's a man in good company obviously,nuff said x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sorry Lin, only just read this or I would have made my way over, I had it in my head for Friday but then of course you told me it was Bassetts this week because they were giving him permission to come out.  Glad he had a good time and got back OK  x
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Bleddy inconsiderate road users! Angry   Nice one Steve not letting it get you down. Thumbs Up   Nice one BC and all those who turned out in support of Steve. Thumbs Up   Even if I'd seen this thread in time I still wouldn't have been able to make it there but I wanted to give you my support, Steve, and good wishes and a big Hug  All the best.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

What an excellent thing to do for him. I dont know him, dont think i've chatted to him, but once im back at work, i'll be able to go to Bassets pole, and i'll say Hi.                                                                                                                                                                              
bic chick's Profile
bic chick

Thanks all for your thoughts on this he really is an a incredible man so no hardship to do anything for him as anyone who meets him will tell you. ChilliD look forward to seeing you there to say hi too, bm be great to see you there at some point x, Sandi thanks, jinx' glad he did the same for you and that was just a second hand report lol, rocklish' and alice2 Thoughts passed on ta xxxxx
bic chick's Profile
bic chick

Its FRIDAY join us anyone at the QE hospital, birmingham to cheer on the Intrepid biker             steve jb           Thumbs Up

bic chick's Profile
bic chick

bump t bump                                                                                                                                                                               
lawnmower's Profile
lawnmower

In: Nirvana
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Big thanks to bic chick for letting us all know about Stephen.  What a legendary bloke he is.   And a great grandad at his young age!

Went to see Stephen and his family at the QE last night.  Certainly puts things into perspective.  When you've got a family and friends like his you're richer and more blessed than the Pope and Bill Gates combined!  

And its so nice to see that the National Health Service can still deliver a quality service when the chips are down.

Massive hugs, love and respect for stephen and all his family.  Hug

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

How is things with Stephen?   My thoughts are with him and his family                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 770 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption