Durham Bikewise

43 Posts | Latest reply on 01/07/2012 22:47:34 by rockchickeelicious | Go to original / last post
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This Sunday!!!!   Now how utterly lush is that.. somewhere to play out.. and on your doorstep too!                                                                                                                                                                                 
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

I might make it if I can get over my phobia regarding willingly going anywhere near a police HQ! I know, sign of a misspent youth but it still doesn't seem natural behavior

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Relive the good ol days - chuck a brick thru the police window!!!Evil Smile         (I'll back u up mate - I'll say rockchicky did it)                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Now that sounds like a plan!                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Nuggets! What you like?! Hug
Centurion.. for sure they won't recognise you now.. but to err on the side of caution you could always come in fancy dress.. borrow some of XK's gear Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Or REALLY confuse them and borrow some of yours!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

LMAO!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Bump!                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Are folk heading to fram for the "start" of this
Today? (10 am)
Or at different times while it's on?
(10-5)
Any "meet point"?                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Oldyeti.. only just saw this.. and after being given a "tipoff" that you'd been spotted... you are rarer to sight than a great crested something Wink but I hope you did find the others lurking behind the burger vans... Thumbs Up   As for Anyone else who reads these forums and topics.. Durham Bikewise is Immense.. had to more than 5000 people there and the things to do and see and buy and taste.. well have to say it was way way Way better than MCN London.. by far! Massively cheaper too and a cracking atmostphere.. only £2 to get in too!!   Next year.. we will be organising a Meet/Rideout/Camp on the Friday/Saturday before and then a scoot over to this on the Sunday because it's definately not one to be missed and it's super child friendly too with a fairground attached and large stuffed animals walking about... So something for everyone!!   I would rate this on a 9/10 ~ they lost a point because no one was selling tassles for my wee bike.. But plenty of other bargains to be had... Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Worth the entrance fee  alone just to wander about the bike parkSmile
There were lids from £30 (flips £50), boots £25, jackets £50, gloves £10. All the major manufacturers had a selection of their bikes on display, plus several local clubs were showing off their finest. I took a fancy to the Triumph Tiger Explorer, a cross between an off-roader and a tourer, be great for the more out-of-the-way rallysThumbs Up And then there were the Victory's - HD eat yr heart out!   The stunt show guys showed us mere mortals how bikes can be ridden. Such skill - I wish...   Then there was live music, police dog handling (do not mess wiv them!), mini-funfair, paint pellet shooting, food stalls, loads bikegear stalls,  classic bike show.   I, too, would rate it 9/10. They lost a point 'cos no beer tent!Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
TigerTim's Profile
TigerTim

In: Bishop Auckland

And don't forget that 5 mins after Anne went we saw a wolf                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

I am quite literally laughing my ass of right now LOL   Whatever sunshine lol                                                                                                                                                                              
TigerTim's Profile
TigerTim

Seriously, we really did. It was on a lead                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Hmmmmmmmmm... then I am vindicated as had that Wolf got loose of it's lead and escaped into the woods at the venue and there had been badger blood and carnage about some place.. it would be first on the scene.. and I rest my case... Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

LMAO, and yes, Tim ain't joking, I saw it too!                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Omg.. not fair!!!   I would have been first out with the camera!!! I've been carrying dead badger bits around in my pockets for just such an occasion...                                                                                                                                                                              
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

It's a cracking do, and the weather was spot on today. We had a great laugh and caught up with al manner of folk. 
and I finally found a flip up lid to fit my head, result!!

The only downer is that it's always pretty much the same, it could do witha revamp in my opinion but 5000 folks seemed happy so I'll shut up now...                                                                                                                                                                             
TigerTim's Profile
TigerTim

I do agree there grey, I asked the mrs to come and she said "I went 2 and 3 years ago, it'll be the same"                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Yes.. but for first times.. second timers and maybe's even third times it was wickedly lush!! Lets not put folks off lol.. We can have a cracking weekend out of this next year and you two can be "tour guides"  Hug                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 787 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption