Musical Confessions

81 Posts | Latest reply on 29/06/2012 07:41:11 by zzrbabe42 | Go to original / last post
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

I know we have a thread for "What music are you listening to" and, I've posted a few times, as have others, on there.

Been subscribing to Napster for a couple of years and recently cancelled, due to problems with it.  A mate put me on to Spotify and I was listing songs off napster that I wanted to put on Spotify.

I like to think I have an "eclectic" taste when it comes to music but, I had to smile at some of the songs I had down as favourites.

There are obviously some dedicated "Metal and Rockheads" on here, with a smattering of Punk, as you may probably expect from the Bike fraternity.  Along with some franlky, obscure, weird and wonderful tastes.

It's not a totally "original" idea but, I wondered would we would "dare to bare" and confess to liking what may be considered as a musical "No no".
  As long as it is kept "Civil" and "Jovial" and comments negative or positive are directed at the Music and NOT the person posting.  Maybe members could could state if  they are prepared to "forgive" a previous poster for thier "Sin" or, if they remain "Unforgiven".

Seeing as I've started this.
I confess, I have actually listened to AND enjoyed this morning,

Hanson - MMMBop
Will Powers - Kissing with Confidence

Am I worthy of your Forgiveness ??

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

i confess having killed seventeen people that put up town top ranking by althea and donna on jukeboxes down the years.....try it and find out .......and clarkee no,that's like saying morrisey is talented,so no sorry                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hanson!!!....Were you dreaming of riding an Electra Glide on the California Turnpike at the time??                   UNFORGIVABLE Clarkee!!!   .................................Evil SmileLOLLOLEvil Smile................................................                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Oh my word.. I am going to join Clarkee on this one... I know no shame.. I actually found some of the Hanson members strangely attractive at one point in my distant murky past.. and yes.. I'm old enough to be their mother!! And yes.. I have danced to them on a carpeted dancefloor in a rural pub in my time.. infact.. for posterity purposes alone I'm going to go You-tube them... Embarrassed   Clarkee hunny.. you're forgiven!! Clap   And thank you for what I think is going to be a wickedly lush topic of conversation!! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

Jinx on my last nightshift,monday night into tuesday, Althea and Donna was on the radio.  One of my workmates confessed to liking it...may have identified another victim for you.

Red, all I have to say in my defence is....

Mmmbop ba pah doo wop........
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

ThanKs RCDLThumbs Up

old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

EmbarrassedGreat lyricists those young lads weren't theyLOL.   Even my ex would only comment "drummers cute but what's the words??...It's sh!te"LOL.                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Laughing out loud at Old Red LOL    I did just "check them out" on youtube.. was "shocked" at how young they were.. till I realised I was only 24 at the time.. Vindicated!!   Now.. "One Direction" ~ A Tale for another day me thinks... I've said too much already..                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

...errr......I really like Will Young........Embarrassed   & Clarkee - you're forgiven...Thumbs Up...my foot is tapping at the memory of MMMmbop... & even Kissing with confidence!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

As a life long confirmed metaller I should be ashamed by the following. But I'm not, it was too ace by far.
Charles and eddy- would I lie to you.
Epic!
Own up, you're singing along already aren't you?                                                                                                                                                                              
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

wookii69....er.....I've listened to that too today !!!
It is an epic and you're forgiven

invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I've got no idea who Hanson are, so don't know if you deserve forgiveness!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

"Look into my eyes" , Charles and Eddy eh.... oh memories, you are well and truly forgiven lol ..

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok, here's a contentious one. Every year through some of the 90's i would look forward with glee to going to my favourite concert of the year............ Gary Glitters Christmas Gang Show. However, the man is a sicko, so i wont contibute to his royalties, by buying any of his back catalogue. Am i forgiven for past enjoyment?   Wookie, that tune reminds me so much of the 2 years i spent backpacking through Asia and Oz. Classic.   BTW. This thread should be entitled, Guilty Pleasures.   I also have a fondness for Neil Diamond.   I'll just go now shall i?                                                                                                                                                                               
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

ChilliD, forgiven for the Neil Diamond......Back in the day, none of us realised Mr Gadd's sick, secret life anyway.

I wonder if someone is going to own up to liking something like, "Billy don't be a Hero"?

rockchickeelicious

Billy.. don't be a hero,..don't be a fool with your life... Billy..don't be a hero.. come back and make me your wife...   Is that the one.. Paper Lace... Hmmmmmm... can't remember it off the top of my head Embarrassed   As for Neil Diamond.. manohman... singing on the night bus "love on the rocks" after the all night Mayfair {{rock venue}} Wicked memories!!   ALL of You... Right Royally Forgiven cos this thread is keeping me smiling like a Cheshire Cat...   And as he started to go she said Billy..keep your head lowwwwwww.. Billy.. don't be a hero.. come back to meeeeeeeeeee                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Burning Ring of Fire... Johnny Cash!!! {{sing it all the time}}   There.. I said it... I feel cleansed....                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

Clarkee, you are definitely forgiven for Mmmm BopThumbs Up
I also confess to loving Uptown Top Ranking as well 
and Neil Diamond 

...and I totally adore Hall & Oates Embarrassed

and for my real confession....I still have a soft spot for David Soul's Don't Give Up On Us Baby Heart

Not doing much for my HippyRockChick image LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

David soul!!!!!! Absolutely forgiven. Classic.
There are always songs that you hate, but get stuck in your head when you hear them. Simply red- stars is mine........ Bloody anemic carrot top sex dwarf torturing me with his sing along hits........Usually have to lie on the floor and put pantera on full blast to purge it!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

R. Kelly - I believe I can fly...............  .................Aaaaaaarrrgghhhhhhhhhhh#!$!%!&!*!@!#!

I spent some time working in an art gallery and picture framers years ago, where the owner believed he could sing!!!!!!...........NO. HE. COULDN'T!!!!!!

And he sang that bl**dy song over&over&over&over&over&over&over again!!!!!!!

~X( at wits' end~X( at wits' end~X( at wits' end~X( at wits' end~X( at wits' end

As for Neil Diamond ....well the first single I EVER bought was Cracklin' Rosie' ........ FAB! FAB! FAB!

~^o^~ cheer~^o^~ cheer~^o^~ cheer~^o^~ cheer~^o^~ cheer

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 571 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption