Just not fast enough!!!!

29 Posts | Latest reply on 18/06/2012 18:37:43 by Ian60 | Go to original / last post
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Oh well, the champagne bottle doesn't get opened today

Took my mod one this morning.  Managed to get round the cones and U-turn (one minor fault),which I've been struggling with but I just wasn't fast enough through the speed counter for the emergency stop.  42kph the first time round and 47kph the second but needed to be up to 50kph
Grrrrr Angry

Still, I do feel quite chuffed and pleased with myself for getting this far.  Hopefully next time I'll get it and then on to Mod 2 Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

persistance,dearheart ,persistance,you'll grt there and fly through i'm sure.....practice makes perfect,onnist!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

You will do ok next time don't worry. Just practice a bit in a carpark and monitor your speed. Im doing mine soon so getting in my practice now.

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Aww, I feel for you HRC, I failed my test 4 times, I never did the modules tho, they didn't exist when I did my tests.   It's so frustrating, I gave up but mainly for financial reasons.   As the others have said you'll get there, I'm sure.   Good Luck Thumbs Up Keep smiling                                                                                                                                                                              
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Sooooooooo close!! Next time HRC Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Ang don't worry, it happened to me also.   My cure was enter the bend in 2nd gear about 20 -22 mph, as you are about to exit the bend still in 2nd gear, give it full throttle and you will hit your speed without the danger of going too fast. Only check your speed as you enter the bend and keep your eye ahead on your exit point. There is no real time for a second look at the speedo as it may distract you.   To check what speed your bike will do in 2nd, gun it on a quiet or private road somewhere and see what speed you reach.   Apply straight away for your next Mod 1, while it is still fresh.   Next time you will be ok, we are all behind youThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

back in the day when I took my test at 17 all you had to do was ride round 2 blocks in a town center do an emergency stop and answer some questions on the highway code                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Well done Ang Lady i have faith :)                                                                                                                                                                              
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

You'll do it Ang, you'll do it...without a doubt...do I have to start text pestering you again!!??LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

Hi HRC so close on that one such a shame, on the 125cc training bikes we use we advise trainees to keep in 2nd gear then as the last bend opens up just keep your head up focus on where you need to go and then go for it. There is time for a quick glance at the speedo on the final approach, just keep the revs on for the camera's. hope all goes well for next time. Rich                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Soooooo damn close Ang.....This means you did do all that other stuff right, including doing an emergency stop using the technique they are looking for.....Do as David says, hammer it coming out of the bend next time and it will be yours  Hug xxxxxxxx

MG Bandit's Profile
MG Bandit

In: Barnsley

Good luck for next timeThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Gibson's Profile
Gibson

In: Sutton

Really sorry you didn't pass Hippyrockchick,
I don't want to make you feel any worse than you do but i have to tell you something that i found out on the day i did my Mod 1 test..........you would have passed if you had done 48kph and not 47, they are allowed to pass you if you make 2kph under the 50kph rule, i know this because believe it or not i made 48kph on both the emergency stop and the swerve test, yeah lucky i know, the examiner couldn't believe it and showed me the speed gun to prove it.

Better luck next time, just gun it out of the corner to make sure you have plenty of speed Smile

zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

hey you will get there.when i did my test there was no modules.it is frustrating butim su re that with determination it will come right in the end.just focus on the end result.good luck and whatevever you do dont give up.we are all behind youThumbs UpThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Awwww thats a bugga Ang!   Almost the same thing happened to me, I failed on 46kph Unhappy   I did the DAS on a 500cc bike, rode it all over for 3 days and like you, had to ride about 15 miles to the test centre.. through rush hour traffic and passed a big RTA, and then had to ride it back to the school!........but because I couldn't go through a stupid speed trap 4kph faster than I did, I failed.Cry    Kissed goodbye to £650 just like that!! and now cant afford to do it again Grrrrrrrrr Oh.. and I had a bloody nail in the back tyre which the instructor sheared off and covered in leaf mould/mud just before the test! ...sorry rant over.. keep your chin up, you will do it next time Thumbs Up  xxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

GrizzlySteve said: back in the day when I took my test at 17 all you had to do was ride round 2 blocks in a town center do an emergency stop and answer some questions on the highway code   I wish I had a quid for every time someone said that to me when I told them I was taking my test. I could afford to bribe the examiner lol.   The irony is if I'd taken my test at 17 I'd probably have passed, a blindfolded chimp would have passed the ridiculously easy test in those days. *sigh*      Also in those days we could ride around forever on L plates without it costing us a fortune and without having to re-do the CBT and Theory tests every 2 years (if you fail or your certificates expire) so we didn't bother taking a practical test.                                                                                                                                                                                 
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

Aww
thanks for all the lovely comments and encouragement. Hug
I've been away all weekend so only just caught up 

Got a week off soon so hoping to be able to book in again for then Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

In: benfleet essex
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

i  agree tottaly with  daves and  gibsons and sweenys advise. i will add , once  you  have  just  entered the  speed trap roll back  the  throttle  so  your not  accelorating anymore ( but  not  decelorating either).. once  you  are pointing  towards the  4  blue  cones  then fully  turn throttle off and  start  braking  as you  were taught . another major tip  is  to  get your  line right ,  if you  ride diagonally across the  the  area between the  red and yellow cones  you dont actually  have to  swerve  both  ways  . you  only  need to  swerve back  one way  towards  the  4  blue  cones .. trust  me  that  way  you  have the  confidence  to  apply more  speed  . 
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Buzz - I thought they'd split the swerve & the emergency break into 2 seperate tasks now?                                                                                                                                                                              
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

In: benfleet essex
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

hi  holm .. the swerve and  the  emergency  stop have allwaYS  BEEN 2  SEPERATE MANOUVRES  opps caps lock ..  what  they  changed about  3  or  4  months ago  was .. you  now  have a dummy  run 1st  to  get used to  the  loop  and getting up  to  speed . then  you  do  the  emergency  stop   then  you  do  the  more  difficult  swerve..  they  got  rid  of the   slow  ride  manouvre  between the  green cones  to  keep  the  test  the  same  time  scale. its a way  of  building up  to  the  swerve ..  i  have done the  swerve at  81 kph  on a gpz 500s ..  i closed my eyes  while  doing  it   but  its possible   lol

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6090 seconds. There are 583 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption