gopro

16 Posts | Latest reply on 15/06/2012 22:31:06 by Phil | Go to original / last post
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all  Im looking to buy a gopro camera for my bike, the one interested in is the hero motorsports one. E bay and amazon seem to have deals on them but little confusing as to what fixing kit to get for bike. some come with everything but then paying for stuff dont need or ever use. If you have one advice on what you use be helpful thanks Rich                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

bump                                                                                                                                                                             
Laffo's Profile
Laffo

In: Bumblethwaite

I cant help you there mate, are there no reviews on the product?...

Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

Hi, thanks for the reply, Rich.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Maybe folk will reply with the info you need  tomorrow Sweeney .                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

Hi, Thanks for reply, yes i hope so. its just a small camera that fits on to the bike, just another toy to play with. Rich                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

A needy one though, but you will get replies soon enough x                                                                                                                                                                             
Laffo's Profile
Laffo

In: Bumblethwaite

Just a thought, one of me pals has had a few cams,settled on a helmet cam, would that be an option for mounting?... His main reason was he had better control of the cam.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

And the manufacturers? Can they help you directly?                                                                                                                                                                             
Gibson's Profile
Gibson

In: Sutton

Hi there, I just bought a veho dv camera off amazon and although it won't win any oscars for quality it's a smart piece of kit, it's also small enough to fit inside my helmet just in front of my nose so it see's what i see and it's about one fifth the price of the go pro, if you do want the quality side of having the go pro though then i recommend going for the handlebar mount as opposed to and suction cup alternatives, as long as your bike doesn't have a dark fairing then the view shouldn't be impaired by the bike, bolt on ones are good too but they have the distinct drawback of leaving holes where you drilled them.
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

Thanks everyone for the advice, I have at least got some more options and idea's to look at now.
Rich                                                                                                                                                                             
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

BLACK  TACK   like bluetac,  only much much  stronger and  black --  should be able to get it from some of those extreme camera places --- bike mags use it to fix cameras,   TopGear  use it , loads of pro camera people use it --- and I do  - its BRILLIANT !                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

Cheers, I will look into that.                                                                                                                                                                             
SouthLondonPhil's Profile
SouthLondonPhil

In: SE London

Bought a go pro a few months ago. Haven't used it on the bike yet - mostly used it skiing and sailing and a few times when I've used it rigged with other cameras for a professional job.

For it's price and size, it really is remarkable. Make sure it's the GoPro 2 you get and not the earlier version.

In terms of mounting - there is a ride-mount, which I think would fit most standard bars. It's a little plastic and flimsy and I suspect if using it on a v-twin it might vibrate itself off. First thing I would do is get an additional tether for it, for this eventuality.

There are some other good clamps and mounts out there:
http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/gopro-super-clamp-bar-mount.html might be a bit over-engineered and pricey, but will do the job, - I use a lot of Manfrotto gear in work and it's good quality and very robust.

Have a squiz at a blog post I wrote about the Go-Pro ealier:
http://www.purpleflame.com/blog/?p=976

Drop me a line if you need more info.

Cheers

P                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

Thanks Phil, some good, helpful advice there that I can check out. Rich.                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

the gopro series are used in a lot of places. the medic cam on helecopter heros is one use.   I have a 4kam dvr woth an external camera. Bit more complex to set up but i find it is the most flexible optopn.   As for mounting if memory serves me correctly it has a standard 3/8" tripod mount. If they still do then look ar the RAM mounts. I think dogcam stock them. I have the camera mounted using a RAM mount.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 765 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption