Run to the Sun (Aug 2012)

9 Posts | Latest reply on 09/05/2012 11:53:27 by tri885 | Go to original / last post
tri885's Profile
tri885

In: Thetford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi everybody - should have done this ages ago, didn't find the site until yesterday!!!   Off to the Island of Crete in August.  Taking the France - Switzerland-Italy - mainland Greece route.   If anyone who is mad enough and has time on their hands would like to join me on the full run or any part, let me know and we can maybe arrange dates.   Cheers,   Chris.   Would also consider a pilly, weight permitting!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Welcome to the site, Sounds like fun!! are you going alone or with others?

tri885's Profile
tri885

Elliemay, planned to go all on my lonesome.  Not too bad really, as I have friends over there.

Something i have been meaning to do for quite some time - it's now or never!

Unless I really like it, and then I will do it all over again.

Cheers

Chris.
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

So how long will this little pootle take Chris??   Crete sounds nice for next year...                                                                                                                                                                             
tri885's Profile
tri885

Well,old red - we have the theory and then we have the practice!   I am hoping to take ferry to France and ride to Swiss border.  Hole up for the night and make an early start the next morning to get to Ancona.  Overnight boat trip to the Greek mainland, Patras, then a shortish ride to Piraeus ferry port in the south of Greece.   Another overnight ferry to Heraklion, and there we are.  Three days in total - the theory!   What will happen in practice, God only knows.   I have asked myself whether this is a mid-life crisis thing going on.  And after searching my heart, realised that no, I have always been this stupid!   And I would do it any year!   Chris.                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

Fookin long haul for 3 days that one Chris!!!....But probably do-able..   If you do it this year I may be interested in joining you if you repeat it 2013.   Not a mid-life crisis at all mate, just things to do before we dieThumbs Up..                                                                                                                                                                             
tri885's Profile
tri885

Certainly is red, two 450 mile days, but I reckon the bike will be up to it, It's me I'm worried about!   I do know a Dutch girl who drove from Holland to Ancona in 1 day - she is one hard woman though!                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

You're at wings & wheels this weekend aren't you? We are meeting at Mc D's at Beccles roundabout beforehand so will chat about this one at the weekendThumbs Up..                                                                                                                                                                             
tri885's Profile
tri885

Yes I am planning to be there, Elaine is getting back to me with a time to meet at the sign of the Golden Arches!   Chris.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 1930 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption