New Feature: Event attendees at a glance

47 Posts | Latest reply on 29/04/2012 11:26:34 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I've created a new feature following feedback last weekend.  Was a quick and simple change considering the value I think it will give you as a user of BM...

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Aww, you made a mess of the calendar!! I'm reporting you!! Cry   Appropriate considering I'm brushing up on my Maths, I'm not keen on seeing stars tho lol.    I would have preferred the stars to appear on the favourites page.                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Tidy Matt!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

No it aint! Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

Yes it is LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL Censored brat!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Matt does this inclued disabled users as well only it says 157 going to the Kiss rally but only 145 showing                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

J P, that'll be Matt massaging the numbers again Wink LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

or I cant count                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

JP, you're right - I forgot to exclude disabled accounts.  I'll fix it now.

Sandi, you're also right - I don't like the look of the stars but I can't think of a better way to highlight the event without creating more messy colours (the weekends already have another colour and the code is getting really complicated)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt, you've broken it!     Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error ?e14' Incorrect syntax near '*'. /sites/bm/events/calendar.asp, line 236   Error message appeared when I clicked on the calendar and not all the months were showing.   It's ok now.                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok fixed the issue of users who are disabled.... BUT  :-(  It massively impacts performance and I'm trying to work out why                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt, may I suggest you put the word PROFILE in there or folk will think you're on about NABD members?   Read my previous post too.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

It bust cus your messing again

Riggy66's Profile
Riggy66

In: Huddersfield

I like it Smile

Always was a teachers' pet though Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok got a problem.

Without massively overhauling the calendar page, which I can't do right now, the performance of the calendar page is really bad once I make it check for disabled users.

So, we either have the page taking 20 seconds to open if it has to check which attendees are disabled, or we have a quick count (which includes disabled accounts) and it only takes 2 seconds max.

The problem is with the way or originally designed the calendar... it basically runs a check against the database for every day on the page.  If I was to design it now I would create one big database query which loads the whole page's data (thus 90x faster by loading one time and not 90 times).

Obviously I'm not going to spend days redesigning it right now but might consider it for the future.

I think for the moment we will have to settle with the attendees count including disabled accounts in view of the massive performance hit the server takes otherwise                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Matt just leave it as is then, we will get a better idea of numbers as long as folk remove themself if not going and add if thay intend to go                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Aye Matt, I can't cope if the calendar is slow, it takes me ages to add events if it is slow.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok i've removed the checks for disabled accounts. It's now about 1-2 seconds to load depending on how many favourites you have on your account

Also fixed a bug where it didn't work if you was logged out                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt, can ya fix it so I get me icons back please? LOL   I can't edit the calendar                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 446 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption