Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

27 Posts | Latest reply on 29/04/2012 22:44:11 by Wills | Go to original / last post
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all, I am looking to see how many of us are members of the VJMC.
Please can you add to this thread if you a current or even an ex member. 
Tell me about your branch and how it feels to belong, ie is it welcoming/open to visitors/prospective members?
VJMC is a big club and I sure there must be many members belong to BM as well.
I interested in more co operation between BM and VJMC if possible. VJMC already have a well established network in the UK and possibly many members are of an age where meeting new friends is important due to marital and other issues and would fit in well here at BM. Just need to research this abit so any feed back welcomed.
Thanks  Andy C

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Hi Andy I'm not a VJM owner but I like to attend their bike show and autojumble every year at Lotherton (not far from Squires cafe bar near Leeds (W.Yorkshire)   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3281     This is a good topic and I expect there to be quite a few BMers who are also VJM owners.                                                                                                                                                                              
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

I've been a member of VJMC for 3 years. You'll find that although this is a big club in terms of numbers, many members join to get the discount on their insurance but never attend meetings. I'm in the south yorks section and although we have about 80 members in our catchment area only about 15 regularly attend the monthly meetings.
Our section like to ride our bikes rather than spend the day looking at them in a show. But some sections never arrange rideouts and spend all their time polishing their bikes I'm sure some VJMC members would be interested in joining us at some our meets because their all barmy. Like BM members. If any bm members would like to attend one of our meetings they are held on the last Thursday of the month at The Sun on Hoyland Common. We welcome everyone you don't have to have an old Jap bike. We have a few drinks and talk boll***s. Sometimes we even get around to arranging rideouts. But to be honest they are fine weather bikers and BM meets are more fun.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

thanks Harry....                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

I'm actually a member of the Vintage Motorcycle Club, you can take part in their events on ANY bike over 25 years old, and I just happen to have a 26 year old BMW. They also have sections all over the country, most of whome are pretty active. My local bunch, the South Durham section, meet up 2 evenings a month and organise quite  a few ride outs, including one I joined in on Boxing Day when about 20 bikes rode out to a country pub for a meal (or just a drink for those still full up on xmas dinner)
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I thought BMW are German owned? Have they been taken over by the Japanese?   Harry, nowt wrong wi goin to t' show, especially when I int got a bike LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
centurion's Profile
centurion

I thought BMW are German owned? Have they been taken over by the Japanese?   Er no, thats why I joined The Vintage Motorcycle Club and was talking about them, NOT the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club, read my post through again Sandi Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

I've been a member of the vjmc for ages,about 16 years or so,get cheaper insurance despite my bike not being Japanese! Lotherton hall show highly recommended if a sunny day,if wet no-one goes as their bikes will get mucky!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Centurion, you confused me cos the thread is about JAPANESE bikes.   Sprint, well I can't blame 'em, the show is on grass. Altho it's always been nice weather when this show has been on.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

I KNOW it was originally about Japanese bikes, I was mearly pointing out that there is a similar alternative for none-Japanese bike owning members of BM                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Ok, keep your wig on Wilma!! LOL Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

oooH patronising or what                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

ey-up, there be trouble at mill. LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

howdy , i got an old bike .................. lol                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

Sandi!!! we of topic now¬Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Andy!!! not my fault  Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Andy posted:   Hi all, I am looking to see how many of us are members of the VJMC.   Please can you add to this thread if you a current or even an ex member.   Tell me about your branch and how it feels to belong, ie is it welcoming/open to visitors/prospective members?   VJMC is a big club and I sure there must be many members belong to BM as well.   I interested in more co operation between BM and VJMC if possible.   VJMC already have a well established network in the UK and possibly many members are of an age where meeting new friends is important due to marital and other issues and would fit in well here at BM.   Just need to research this abit so any feed back welcomed.   Thanks Andy C                                                                                                                                                                               
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

no one else from the Very Jolly Merry Chappies club? Tongue                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

have a 26 year old bol d.0r would that qualify ?                                                                                                                                                                               
cuzzie's Profile
cuzzie

In: Pontefract

I'm a wozza member, 84' VF1000FE 28 yo                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 597 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption