MOT Question

11 Posts | Latest reply on 16/05/2012 00:03:16 by rossoandy21 | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Don't know if this is a numpty question or not BUT......the end of my clutch lever (the little ball) broke off a while ago. It's usuable but my MOT is due soon - is this a failure? or should I get a new clutch lever before taking it for its MOT?                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

as long as there are no sharp edges i cant see any issues. give the mot station that you are going to use a call and ask them.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

There are very seriose safety issues change it NOW before you use the bike again hun please                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

new one ...simples                                                                                                                                                                             
nellie's Profile
nellie

In: nottingham
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

hiya HMG .... my xt nearly failed on the ball missing off the clutch lever but the man had one in stock a couple of quid .... the ball or angled end is a safety feature to stop your fingers from slipping off the lever probably in wet weather or wearing textile gloves ....  also depends on the MOT testers descretion at the time or mood lol... hope this helps .....pete......                                                                                                                                                                             
Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

While there is no requirement for the ball end there is a minimum radius requirement so any sharp edge or if in the opinion of the tester the damage impedes it's function or safety then it fails.

If it does have any sharp edges then you are also running the risk of a ticket for riding a defective bike on the public highway.
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

If you don't want to buy new lever, most balls have a hole on the underside, file end of lever to fit hole and araldite in. Where a lever had a ball its a fail without.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

thanks for your input guys...I'll get a new one Thumbs Up It wasn't that I didn't want to get a new one...just hadn't got round to it Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

A ball on your clutch lever also prevents your handbeing skewered should have a tumble ...   .. I already have a ball on my levers,  but I do need a new pair of pilot road 2's and new brake pads :(  lol                                                                                                                                                                              
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Just for ref. New clutch lever fitted and mot passed today. Even if i did get conned into taking it in :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

couldnt u just swopped it over to the other side after he looked at that side and passed it,Big smile hehe
or drilled a gobstopper to fit...                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 973 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption