New Feature - Improved Private Messages System

157 Posts | Latest reply on 07/06/2014 10:49:45 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Probably because MS has IE 11 now Lynn Wink

LOL

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Lynn,

I'm actually curious how the system looks for someone using IE 10.  Before you upgrade please can you tell me - do the conversation names (list on the left) look "Square" or "oval" to you?

When you press "New Message" do the buttons for Send and Clear look to be out of place?

When you open a conversation, does each message look like a speech bubble or just a square?

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I'm still running IE 7 Matt .... Convo names are  Oval on mine
Send and Clear buttons look fine
And I get the speech bubble 

Nowt wrong with being a dinosaur ... Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I found the old system of being able to delete a message without opening it first , quite useful at times.

Everything seems ok on Opera mobile on mi Nokia N8 although on Opera mini , same phone, I can no longer post in the forums??? Is this purely coincidence , or gremlins lol
red_daytona's Profile
red_daytona

In: Northallerton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I am on IE11 but keep getting a message from web page saying IE is old and should be updated for full functionality (something like that). OS is win 7 HP 64 bit if that helps...                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Old Red - that's really weird!  Must be that Microsoft cocked it up between version's 8 and 9 then.  Are you absolutely sure?

Dustin - the forums haven't been changed, they use a Rich Text Editor.  In the future the forums might also be going the same way the PMs system has gone. The whole site needs revamping and bringing up to date.

Red Daytona - That's very strange. Are you absolutely sure you're using IE11?  Are you running it in compatibility mode.  I'm quite sure you must be, or you're mistaken about the version, because IE 11 no longer identifies itself as a Microsoft browser to websites.

red_daytona's Profile
red_daytona

'This area is not fully suitable for older versions of internet explorer. Please update your browser if possible (or use chrome, firefox etc). Otherwise please expect minor graphical issues.'   About IE has- IE11 version 11.0.9600.16521   That help?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Will send you a private message... 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

hi matt I'm getting the same popup as  "red_daytona " I'm running  IE 11.0.9600. 16518    square corners to the buttons but things are looking good    I'm getting used to it thank you matt        ( love to have some toys though ) LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
red_daytona's Profile
red_daytona

And I thought I was special.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sorry to pop your bubble red_daytona  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Guys check out this website... https://www.whatismybrowser.com/                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hi I have got the same problem as red_daytona and im running ie 11 full and updated also got square box's in my pm's.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@ bikermatch ; I just have  up to date IE 11  windows 7      I'm getting the same popup as  "red_daytona " square corners to the buttons but things are looking good    I'm getting used to it thank you matt        ( love to have some toys though )                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

( love to have some toys though )Wink

wouldn't we all V-Rod                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

lmao at katcat !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

naughty Kaycat, dont you have enough in the toybox? pmsl                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Matt,
new communicator is ace.
In Opera (latest version)all buttons are rounded but the only thing I can see wrong is the other persons conversation is hard up against the white dotted line of the conversation list so that you can barely see the 2 green ticks. its read able and not expecting you to fix it .....in Firefox not a problem big gap between dotted line and message ....looks great.

cheers
Andy P.
Matt's Profile
Matt

Thanks guys

Please, please will those of you having problems (warning popping up in IE 11 for example) follow this link and send the results to me?

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/?recipientemail=browser...nd-to-tech

All you have to do is click that link, fill in your name and email address, and send the form.  I will do the rest.

I really need this though please because I'm struggling to understand why the "ugly" version is appearing for some people using new browsers, it doesn't make sense.  You shouldn't be getting square conversation buttons and the IE warning message.

The only reason I can think of is that you have COMPATIBILITY MODE turned on... which basically transforms your fancy up to date browser into a dumb, old, incompatible ancient technology browser (that mode is to help you with very old websites which you find DON'T work, but it stops modern websites from functioning fully using the latest technologies).

Hope that helps

Thanks

Matt
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Matt

email sent

thanks

bill

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8906 seconds. There are 1586 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption