Ruby needs a full service...

70 Posts | Latest reply on 09/10/2009 15:40:36 by WheelyNealy | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

They're both ladies!                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awww thank you Wills...!Hug

Thanks Mark again..Hug.we will get Ruby back to 100% very soon..just to let you know she is much quieter now...not so much banging when hot....she ran well to Northwich and back today....even nippier..

Ruby is a very happy bike (and so is her owner!)Thumbs UpBig smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

is your back better now then rose, hope so !!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Yes thank you Ian....Ive been to see Dr and been given painkillers and physio...Ruby isnt the cause of my back pain but the stupid courtesy cars that my insurance company gave me..and also as a result of my accident a few weeks ago..                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Ruby needs her clutch and brake fluid changing...her valve clearances done together with balancing the carbs..that is it now...anyone able to give me a hand PRETTY PLEASE???  As 2WF found out I am not good at the mechanical side...I try hard...but I found Ruby a bit out of my league...

THANK YOU!!!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

it seems to have gone wrong rose all of a sudden ????                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

No Ian it had definitely not been serviced properly in a very long time..despite what folk said....the fairing hasnt been off in years...the oil filter welded on..the plugs were like they had been buried in the garden and the oil well really black and sludgey..

It is definitely NOTHING I have done to her..in fact I am looking after Ruby very well...I keep her clean too...she is rewarding me well...
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

In: Swindon

You will have a job to change the clutch fluid Rose, its a cableLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

PMSL...lol....                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Sorry DC dont know about Ruby but i need a full service is there a manual for that?  lolErmm                                                                                                                                                                             
finbarred's Profile
finbarred

In: calne / chippenh

I would offer to check the valve clearances but listening to the thread and the poor bikes lack of maintenance I fear that some of the valve clearances would need adjustment which if it is the engine I think it is, is a cam out job.  Then you need someone with the right shims, which can be a pain as most dealer don't carry the full range.Thumbs Down

If you check the valve clearences it make sense to have changed the oil and oil filter after not before, so any muck that got in the engine while checking is flushed out at the oil change!Cry

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

fin...if you see the bike you will know its not had a 'poor lack of maintenence', it was running perfectly when rose bought it off my best mate, the bike had just returned from the bulldog and a weeks ride touring around wales, and didnt miss a beat.......
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Valve clearances on the GSX750F are actually old-fashioned screw and locknut adjusters. Means they can go out of adjustment quicker, but much easier for home maintenance.
Must admit I assumed they were bucket and shim, but had a sneaky peep at a Haynes book in Halfords.
I've seen Ruby from the outside and she certainly looks immaculate, and I'm surprised at what others have found on closer inspection.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

so am i, and as i got the bike for rose, all this talk of poor maintanence feels like i have sold her a nail!!! which i dont believe it is.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Ian I don't think it's a slur on your judgement, or reputation, it's just what Rose has found.   Could it be that these things happened while Rose was riding the bike, she has done some miles and with the greatest of care most bikes will get dirty, wear, when ridden? It's how they should be.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dont think they can all happen so quick in my experience.....but thanks anyway Kwak                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

my bet is the carb are out of balance 600f & 750f allway going out of balance !                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Put that furry tongue away for gods sake !!!!.........evening buddy !!! lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

lmao YO horning hat                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

or was horny                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8203 seconds. There are 704 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption