long ride, any advice

42 Posts | Latest reply on 08/06/2007 12:50:17 by earthwind | Go to original / last post
Northwood's Profile
Northwood

In: Northwood
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Storm, Hi Rock Chick, thanks for the welcome, appreciated.   Earthwind, what sort of training are you thinking of going for?                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

looking at the brecon training by the sanders (julia) enduro or something to build up my confidence and (hopefully) ability to move my bike around help my line etc build up my skills                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Im moving to Holland in a week's time (Eindhoven area) so if anyone passes through you are more than welcome to pop in for a brew-stop.  Don't have our own place yet though so will have to be from mid-July onwards.                                                                                                                                                                              
chipster's Profile
chipster

In: Milton Keynes

Good luck on the trip earthwind, I do envy you, a brought a bike capable of the job but have come up with 1001 excuses not to do a tour, I admire your spirit. Good luck and enjoy! Chipster                                                                                                                                                                             
storm's Profile
storm

In: derbyshire

hiiya chipster welcome to bm, pop in chat an meet everyone its bust bout 9ish                                                 Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
chipster's Profile
chipster

Cheers storm, and a big hello to all you out there I have been reading some of the replies in the forum and I have had to chuckle especially the one about guy's showering, not true of coarse.                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

hiya chip welcome to the mad house lol                                                                                                                                                                              
storm's Profile
storm

an eres me thinkin it was sooooooooooooooooo true chipster lol u must be 1 in a million if it dont apply to you mate                                                LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
chipster's Profile
chipster

Hi rock chick, Thanx for the welcome.....and yep storm your half rightWink                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Completle right I'd say chipster LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
chipster's Profile
chipster

Why do I feel like I am being ganged upon? Anyway you left off the bit where we pretend to be Elvis singing into the the shower head!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Sussed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOLLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
chipster's Profile
chipster

Ok You got me! Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

street cred straight out the window LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

so u gonna plan a run then chipster you should do it                                                                                                                                                                              
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

and ina do you rate the training on the brecon or would you suggest something different, its just that i need to speed up a bit (safely) not race but kee a nice staedy speed to make sure i get to my destination reasonabl and not too harrsssed if you know what i mean i tend to dilly dally abit and feel if i doing a long run i need to keep focussed. still enjoy the view but not take hours linger than everyone esle. Skills would enhance my riding ability and increase my confidence. I hope your trip went well I am seeing if anyone else i know bikers who moght be going to some of the places and then if poss maybe rendvue so dont feel to on my own but its only for three weeks and thats not long atall. I will take paper and charcoal and do some sketching and maybe wter coolur stuff and take digi pics for an exhibition later on in the year i think as well. we will see still got to get the cash together
imthedaddy's Profile
imthedaddy

In: CWMBRAN, GWENT

Thumbs Up Hi Earthwind, GOOD luck I rode round wales on my own last year with just an overnight bag, stopped at pubs for b/b. BRILL. Not as far as you are going perhaps but just as much fun, and that is what biking is all about enjoying the weather (hope it's good 4 u) The scenery and the people. RIDE WITH THE WIND. Tony.                                                                                                                                                                               
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

thanks tony i am gonna do my best and I can only try cant IWink                                                                                                                                                                             
storm's Profile
storm

awww earth i wish ya all the best too hunny, hope everything is all you will enjoy take loads of pics an share em wiv us Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 475 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption