Comedy corner - what do you think?

28 Posts | Latest reply on 28/01/2011 13:24:51 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not being a mod and forgive me if I've got this wrong but are you saying that it's too much of a pain to move posts to a relevant thread therefore you don't do it. And there's me thinking that that is what mods did to keep things tidy.                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Wow! Blonde confession, I didn't know about the active forum bit - I've been looking under the forum headers for the last year - Confused   Regardless, I don't think it's availability affects my view point having just had a look at it.   I think there's good points from both sides, it's a pain wading through drivel to find a valid contribution on a forum, but without a bit of banter they can be mind numbingly boring.    Anyway, we have enough rules to adhere to in the realworld, do we really need controlling to this extent on what should be a fun site?   I don't know how hard a job it is being a mod, but understand it's unpaid work, so we shouldn't knock those who do it.  But if it's too much trouble to move stuff from the wrong place just delete it, and people will take more care the next time.   Let's just worry about things that are really a problem eh?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

WB yes it is :)

Its not that its turning into Animal Farm or mega serious its a case of trying to keep everyone happy and that just aint going to happen lol so the next best option is to try to make it as frustrating free as possible for those who dont want to trawl through what they see as drivel and keeping it fun for those that do want to have a wee play ................

answers on a post card ..........................
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

WB - threads are moved regularly when they are put in the wrong place, most people don't even know it's been done because when they use the "active topics" option rather than select a forum you don't see where something is posted. What I was saying was if there was another column saying which topic a thread had been posted on it would be a quicker process than what we do at present which is go through each forum seperately looking for stuff that shouldn't be there.   TBH, at the moment I think we should have a comedy corner and a grumpy/mardy corner lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Before Matt deleted my 'move topic' icon I  moved a topic almost on a daily basis, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. Now I have to inform a mod that it's in the wrong forum which I think is a waste of time when I could so easily move it myself.   What puzzles me is why some people don't seem to know which forum to post their topic in.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

Cos they just hit new topic button and hey ho it goes into whatever forum they are in at that time :)                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I've had another lightbulb moment.  Having read the 'for hire' and 'biker' topic using the newly found active forums thing I see what you mean, you don't know if it's news or general/chit chat until you've read it.  So yes, colour coding or something would help.   Incidentally, why are these posted as stand alone topics when they are just one off joke posts and should go on the jokes thread - rhetorical question as I guess that's your point.  I still think delete posts that are in wrong place, if people have to sort their own crap they will be more careful.   I think the grumpy gits forum is a bad idea, too much activity might crash the site LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

People may join if they think they can voice their grumpyness!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 1633 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption