Website issues - 15/07/2010

37 Posts | Latest reply on 18/07/2010 15:50:10 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
98% Karma98% Karma 98% Karma98% Karma

it's really fast im telling you.  Paul tested from the UK for me also.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

here's what it's like on my laptop.... www.bikermatch.co.uk/perf.avi                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
81% Karma81% Karma 81% Karma81% Karma

It seems to be ok at the MOMENT, famous last words   EDIT   I have to refresh the page to get it to load fully                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I'd be grateful if someone who IS having the problem and is technical could run this command please from a command prompt in Windows....   pathping bikermatch.co.uk >c:\BM.txtNote: You need to leave it to run for a few minutes!   Then open up the file C:\BM.txt and copy/paste the info here in the forums for me (or send me a PM).  Need as many people to do this as possible, it will tell me if you're having any difficulties with your network                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Well I gotta go bed, it's running lightning fast still for me.  Anyone who's havign problems now needs to run the above test and send me the results, I'll check it in the morning for you.  It's definitely an internet problem, but not within Holland cos all the networks ive tried here are fine.  I'll try from work in the morning too.   Ok off to bed, it's 2am here already.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
81% Karma81% Karma 81% Karma81% Karma

It's running faster Matt but still have issues with loading full page details. Had to refresh this page 5 times to get the text box to show up properly.   Sleep well Matt   Nite all                                                                                                                                                                                    
Matt's Profile
Matt

get in touch with all the BM people you know and get everyone to test and reply here.  I need to find the common denominator                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i have logged in and  had no problems at all !!!!! I am still on IE7 if that makes any difference......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

How do I do that on an iPhone ?

Still having issues with having to hit a button more than once to get anyplace :-(

Thought ... Is it only staff having the issues, cos so far all none staff are saying its ok?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i also had problems last nite trying to send pm and the person i was chatting to did too , we gave up in the end :(

Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Not just staff having probs Shell. I got the internet connection problem message when replying to a pm. Had to press the back button and retry several times   when I added myself to an event the other photo already on there disappeared completely, then slowly reappeared   When adding a comment to forum threads the photos in previous comments disappear then very slowly load up again                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

It basically sounds like a connection problem.  All I can suggest is that you all report it to your internet providers.  Get them to run tests to BM.  Make it clear that there's no problem with the server, it's been THOROUGHLY tested for many early hours.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Matt I'm having problems with my lap top and my iPhone seems same problem as others but as a thicky on here will get someone to look at it for me, I did try poking it with a stick but no help                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
76% Karma76% Karma 76% Karma76% Karma

Fingers crossed it seems to be OK now.  Last night it definitely looked as if the problem was specific to BM: other sites I visit frequently like Facebook, the BBC, BMW club etc were loading as normal. My ISP is Virgin supplied via their own fibre-optic cable rather than a BT line, btw.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Last night it definitely looked as if the problem was specific to BM: other sites I visit frequently like Facebook, the BBC, BMW club etc were loading as normal.

FB is US based and the BBC is UK based. Did you try any other sites hosted in Holland? As Matt wasn't having any trouble over there, and not everybody over here was having trouble, I'd suspect the problem was with a link from here to Holland.

My ISP is Virgin supplied via their own fibre-optic cable rather than a BT line, btw.

Good bit of marketing there by Virgin, the cable into your house is probably coax (mine is). They use fibre for their national network, but then so do BT. Virgin have recently started offering fibre to the home, but then so have BT. Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

I'm 99% sure that there was a problem from the UK to Holland, but I can't tell who or where.  Glad it's fixed now.

I'm using a UK proxy now which runs rapid, and that has to go over the pond twice.

The problem now is with encoding of the website which me and Gary are looking into
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

visually my screen has changed.. its not displaying everything correctly atm.  getting a white blank screen sometimes too. Also my photos.. i cant save description the icon has disappeared.  only have the option to delete or set as profile pic.  *not that i need it but just wanted ot highlight the issue*     Stern Smile   im not complaining though lol.. just thought i should mention it!   Debs                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 585 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption