Pillion Responsibility - How much is it down to you?

49 Posts | Latest reply on 06/01/2010 19:30:07 by RustyKnight | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

I have personally got off a bike miles from home and refused to get back on due to not feeling safe with the rider, i would rather be inconvenienced trying to get home than seriously injured or worse                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

pass ian the bucket o puke have just boffed at his post lol                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

My ex wife used to fall asleep on long runs. Used to have to give her a nudge to check she was awake. Suppose few hrs on motorways can be pretty boring for pilly                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

Interesting subject....a rider as it has already been said is 100% responsible for the bike and as such should judge the pillion as whether they are safe to take as a pillion.

My choice.....not to have one.

Get your own bike and enjoy the freedom that's what i got mine for.
Im sorry if that sounds a bit selfish but there you go......Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I dont like taking a pillion either sdv, not for selfish reasons though. I think its a massive responsibility. I find that if i  do have a pilly i dont enjoy the ride as much as i tend to focus on keeping the pilly feeling safe ect... dont know if i have explained it very well, i suppose i kind of get over cautious....does that make sense?                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

I relish the challenge,, a bike is so much harder to ride with a passenger and you need to concentrate...                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

I relish the challenge,, a bike is so much harder to ride with a passenger and you need to concentrate   Oo smashing LN what time will you get here for me? Wink LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

WN...dont know what that comment was for......i could say so much but will keep quiet, i prefer riding with a pillion, i am just grateful i have found a good one ....                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Is now a good time to mention getting on the back of my mate's bike 23 years ago, both full of "Xmas spirit" *ahem* Embarrassed, me with no lid for the first stretch, which involved riding down an alleyway to avoid the police car at the end of the street, to get through to the multi-storey where our mate's van was parked, complete with spare lids in the back?

Then kind of not exactly stopping in time at the red light and kissing wheel to bumper with a very irate lady driver *ahem*

Who proceeded to accuse him of being illegal for not having a front number plate. When was the last time you looked at a bike, lady?! lol

Then spotted the L plates - ooops! My rider pointed to me and said "She's got a full licence, so I'm legal"... We wished her a very merry Xmas and wobbled off with her crying out "You're drunk!" No sh1t lady!

Somehow we made it home safely LOL Thanks Universe Hug

Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Sometimes it can be very handy having a passenger,... If I've got the radios working, I've an extra pair of eyes,...... (to look for the speed traps)!!!  If I've got someone on the back of the STXsofa, I pay a lot more attention to the road,.... they are my responsibility. I do find it  harder/more tiring, especially when filtering, but its usually nice to have someone to natter with while out for a whole day,... (I did say 'usually'!!Big smile).                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Oi Div so i'm a challenege am i ???                                                                                                                                                                              
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

God damm pillions....they screw up the handling....are never ready when you are.....constantly waving and point at sh*t.....they want to go here or there where you don't....they never have the right equipment....constantly tell you to slow down.....and complain about there hair and where's the loo.... and when you get there they want you to pay for them..

For some reason when they pass thier test all of the above stops...

I understand this might come across as a bit sexist but its not, i just hate pillions male or female.
When my ex passed her test it was the best thing that she did for both of us, and it made days out so much more interesting and relaxed.

limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

just ignoring Kwak for a moment...

Yes, BJ.  The challenge was to keep the front wheel on the tarmac. Great fun.  And you learn so much.

I am not sure how many people I have got into bikes by taking them as pillion first,, and then if they learn they will do the same... But that's is just the sort of bloke I am..

Wink

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

What is that supposed to mean Div ?                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

Well,,

now way out is there.

I'll get me coat                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Thats ok i'll just bear it it mind for next time and give you a real challenege !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

You gonna sit on the bars?????                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

just ignoring Kwak for a moment...   Why?   I am not sure how many people I have got into bikes by taking them as pillion first,, and then if they learn they will do the same... But that's is just the sort of bloke I am..   did you scare them that much? Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

You will have to wait and see Div just mind take your iron bru that day !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

Not getting involved,,,,  Have I ever scared anyone?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7661 seconds. There are 1174 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption