Anyone work in a jewellery shop?

37 Posts | Latest reply on 15/07/2009 13:55:05 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

Mmm the pearl looks white and the white looks pearl Confused lol   I like both of em, not keen on t'other un tho it looks too busy   EDITED: Second look I prefer the white with roman numerals                                                                                                                                                                                 
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I like the white one ..but with hour markers...   mind ya. .. the roman numerals are cool.. not sure its a bit too crowded on the dial tho..   hmmmm decisions..decisions...   I think the white stands out better... the black is classy but mebbes just not quite as clear to read.. ie if your approaching the runway and just need a quick glance..... LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea a few people have said that it looks messy.  I think it looks sporty (in black).                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Deffo the black. Understated rather than inyerface Wink

I like the hour markers rather than the roman numerals, as the roman numerals make the face look a bit "too busy" to me... if you get my drift. They are stylish looking though... Need a pic with black face & hour markers to make a direct comparison methinks Big smile

Matt's Profile
Matt

Black with hour markers...http://www.killahbeez.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/...00x375.jpg All steel with hour markers...http://silverspringdrive.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/br...itling.jpg Diff angle of the white one with ROman Numerals...http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3J67iYJfiMw/ScrWKTukJoI/AAAAA...-B01-D.jpg Blue background...http://photos.revolution-press.com/suanfutt/basel09/bre...GL8285.jpg Mini-website for the watch...http://www.breitling.com/chronomatb01/index.php?ln=en The watch is an investment.  It's Breitling's 125th Aniversary and its also their first watch ever built 100% in-house.  Normally watch manufacturers buy in parts and stick all the bits together, but this is their first watch entirely built in house.  Hopefully it will be worth a bob or 3 in the future                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Ooooh... now I'm liking the all steel look... you've confused me now! Not difficult Ermm

All steel hour markers... or... in contradiction of my previous post, black with roman numerals... Wink

Sounds like a good investment to me... You can't trust the stock markets or the banks... art/antiques are too dependent on fickle tastes of the buyers when it comes time to sell. Classic timepieces always seem to be a winner though.

If you have kids & grandkids though, FFS don't promise the ruddy watch to every last one of the bleeders... it causes all sorts of aggro when you're dead & gone! LOL

Matt's Profile
Matt

its being burried with me, lol, it's mine and nobody else is having it  LOL Glad u like the black with roman numerals, cos that's what im swinging towards now.   Don't forget that the 2 pics with it on my wrist are in bad light with a mobile phone camera, whereas the others are professional pics.  I couldn't get the pic to look like it did in real life either unfortunately.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Here's another photo i took of pearl, you can actually see the pearl on it here... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/newwatch/pearl2.jpg   I wonder what this would look like with roman numerals?  Hmmm.  Dammit too many options, it's driving me mad lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

oooh I like the steel one now..   love the black, as anyone knows me will tell you,  Black is my best friend.    But just swaying slightly more towards the steel, I think its the 'masculine' thing that steel is a hard metal..where as black..is just.. black..Ermm   hmmm I like the steel, with hour markers..Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Matt , the black with hr markers would be my choice , i kind of like the gold bits on the stainless..makes it stand out nicely , i've also noticed that the blue face was popular amongst pilot mates of mine in SA , could be a bit old hat now though , being a limited edition it is a good functional investment .
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol, Karey you have cheap tastes. lol. The steel is the cheapest of the lost (10% of the price of the top model).   Ex - Blue wont go well with all clothes tho. Like if you're not wearing a blue shirt it will look odd wont it?  Does look nice in blue though.   Dont you think the hour markers look too plain?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol, Karey you have cheap tastes. lol. The steel is the cheapest of the lost (10% of the price of the top model)....     hehehe, well thats me.. I don't do Gucci etc..   ooooh I once got a Tag Heur from Turkey.. for a fiver!!   only had it an hour or two an the  'Tag Heur' tag dropped off the dial revealing some chinese looking name lmao LOL   Ok... i DO like the black and the roman numerals give it that twist.. i was just going for practicality.  Steel goes with anything lol                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

It's not too plain for my liking , but also not as eyecatching as the roman numerals , personal taste really , whichever one you decide on its a perfect timepiece and i also enjoy good watches , one of my leisure's used to be scuba diving and a decent watch was an important part of the kit.
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Dont you think you should get your instrument rating and maybe twin engine rating before getting the brietling matt. the weight alone will stop you taking off in a 172. Just get some rayban aviators instead. The chicks'll love em. you'll still have to put up with sniggering ground crew though. Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol nah not going to instrument etc, too much effort.  Just wanna have fun taking friends and family flying when they're over.   Im taking german colleague and his sister flying today in a 177 Cardinal, then tomorrow im flying the tomahawk again.  There's  20kt wind today though so might have to cancel it.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

No drug runs to Norfolk then? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

haha why what you need?  Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 812 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption