Curious...comments about the site

25 Posts | Latest reply on 21/09/2016 07:08:43 by Joey05 | Go to original / last post
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

You cant the site is a dating site but a lot of the older members were happy to meet up on a social basis but they have moved on due to the cost or are fed up with the bitching on the threads. So now your left with new members who are still looking for partners, You need to get them going to events if they want to and word of mouth will take over again. How do you get them to events when there are no pictures to promote the events because members just put them on fb as its easy.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Jp, I am not saying it's not a dating site, I'm saying it's more than just a dating site. How can we get that across?

I've always uploaded to the events page, and never had a problem, hold my hands up to not being a technobod. I am also not on Facebook so cannot compare.

The bitching is an easy fix.....bite your tongue instead of posting (and yes I am as guilty as others when I speak my piece). It only gets to be a problem when members use the threads for continuing personal issues with others and it turns nasty, pulling others in.

It still doesn't explain why people need to change their profiles to belittle the site.

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

I can't say I've seen any bitching on here, not for a long time, maybe it's all deleted before I can see it?
However it's probably best not to mention any bitching in case it puts off new members.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

I think there are several issues which are accumulating into the comments being made by new folk and the site being very quiet at present.

Lots of folk have meet new friends and have a very active social life now, so no longer feel the need for BM, use FB or text  Shame really, as if it wasnt for BM they would not be in the position they are in now !!

As fewer people are around to post, the site looks very quiet and to a new person taking a look it must look a wee bit like 'not much going on here!' why bother.

Subs will aways be an issue to some folk.

There are few folk around to organise events and meet ups etc to stimulate the banter on teh actual threads.

Few photos of events are posted which can look like it wasnt very well attended etc.

How do we resolve these issue????

I think the first thing to try to do is encourage more posting on threads, light hearted banter and stuff to chat about.

KC organising a specific time in chat is a great idea, at least folk will know there is somebod to chat to then lol

ALl just my opinion of course :)
Joey05's Profile
Joey05

In: Preston
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Seen my first uncalled for comments on someone's profile today
- Not seen any before and was quite disappointed in the person.
I joined BM as a dating site in the first place, have met someone through BM (thank you!!) but still love looking at what is going on.
If you're going to slag the site off, please leave..:)

See the rest of you in chat x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2031 seconds. There are 1521 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption