New tyre wearing in a strange way !!

27 Posts | Latest reply on 06/12/2013 13:58:36 by rossoandy21 | Go to original / last post
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Will do pal .... Can you post videos on here ??                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Sadly no mate Unhappy   I did suggest it a while ago Embarrassed   But you can post a "youtube" link on here Thumbs Up   That would be one solution Ermm                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

If you do end up sending the tyre off back to Metz, and worried that they could deny anything about it, if it was me as well as taking close up pics, I'd also be taking a photo of the tyre with your Reg plate number in the frame if you can, even if you have to unbolt it to hold it near the tyre when taking the photo.

That way if you do end up having to take legal/other action and need to prove that you had the tyre you can.  And if they want the original invoice, make sure you scan/photocopy that to!  As I've had companies in the past saying they've not received/lost it and without the invoice your screwed for proof you've bought it.

Hope that's of some help to you?
suzook12's Profile
suzook12

In: Kings Lynn

Had Similar hassles with bridgestone a few years back, denies there was anything wrong with their tyre that had clearly overheated and shredded in 400 miles... wouldnt have minded cept it werent a super sticky, jus common road tyre.....
Anyway, point is... There is no reason for you to deal with metz/pirelli yourself. Under UK law the shop that sold you the tyre should be sorting it and if they cant prove theres nothing wrong with it then they should be replacing it or refunding you the money.
On a different note.... Look up Fred Furlong on facebook (Furlong Tyres), he only does bike tyres and been doin it for years, show him the pics etc and he may shed some light on the matter or at least be able to help you out.
Fred caters for drag/sprint/circuit racers the lot..... So he's def seen a stressed tyre or two in his life Thumbs Up

Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

Thanks for that pal. I will look Fred up as you suggest but as for my tyre dealer he's still not replying to my nail so next step is a final email to him followed by trading standards and see where I stand on this matter. Thanks.                                                                                                                                                                              
1200neil's Profile
1200neil

In: bolton

Just put another tyre on & see if it does the same thing ?!                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

wonder how retailer would stand if tyre failed and u got injured....doesnt he have 'a duty of care' to his customers?

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 1013 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption