What DO you wear under your leathers in this heat ?!!

62 Posts | Latest reply on 15/09/2013 16:11:57 by Plumbski | Go to original / last post
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Today decided to put my 'damp jacket' theory into practice cos it was still sunny & damn hot when I set off. 

Sprinkled water inside & can confirm stayed really comfy & cool all the way to my favourite ice cream van Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

@ centurion, that pic cant be you? full face helmet!!

bizarrely when its hotter (I do a fair few miles in Europe)I wear MORE on the bike under leathers,
"pro skins" full length leggings and long sleeved top, wick away any sweat, AND keep you cooler, and have the added advantage of sliding easily for putting on/removing leathers when its hot.

socks wise (makes a big diff too) thin wool or silk,
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

as little as possible :P hahaha xx                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

@ Oldyeti , yeah, a full face helmet and BOOTS (AngryAngryAngry), definitely not me Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

i've always found that a bowtie is socially acceptable at all levels of society,personally.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

@ centurion,
lets hope the toe rags leave THOSE boots alone at least!
one pair walking off is enough!

@minx, careful on here, some of the old folk have weak hearts!!

@jinks, nice to see some folk can still tie a decent bow.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

@ oldyeti....elasticated,for safety purposes...sorry.                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

ah, another traditional skill evaporating into the ether,
next it will be shoe laces....hang on a min, Velcro....                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

they let you have LACES......luxury..!!                                                                                                                                                                             
MjN's Profile
MjN

In: Basildon

I'd like to be wearin nothing under my textiles to be honest.....but when I unzip my jacket to let some cool air in I might scare other road users. :O.

What I actually wear are base layer bottoms and a tshirt on top. Although the tshirt came off a few times last week to reveal my sports top otherwise I would have passed out. Might need to find them there wicking base layer thingys......
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I haven't worn leathers since the 90s! Textile jacket with approved armour and either Draggin' Jeans or Hood jeans....Not to everyone's taste I know.                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

Lidl ski thermals.....brilliant, keep you warm in winter, cool in summer & they are very thin Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

have found a layer of fat,skin and hair do quite well,and cost me next to nowt...xThumbs Up(skeleton optional)                                                                                                                                                                             
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

Jinx you crack me up!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

is just the bare facts,I.G.....just the bare factsThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
DynamicDave's Profile
DynamicDave

In: Lytham

Apart from the aformentioned basic prerequisites--a helmet, preferably with a hole in the front Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

@dynamic Dave,
"under " your leathers?

that's hard core. :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
DynamicDave's Profile
DynamicDave

In: Lytham

All down to interpretation oldyeti !Smile

Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

In: Sandy Cove

As little as possible, suits got a wicking lining apparently, does stick a bit when putting it back on after a stop thoBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

In: Sandy Cove

As little as possible, suits got a wicking lining apparently, does stick a bit when putting it back on after a stop thoBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 1618 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption