Whisky Tour May 2013

38 Posts | Latest reply on 14/04/2013 22:09:18 by oldyeti | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ardrossan - Arran - Kintyre - Islay - Oban - Mull - Ardnamurchan then over the Moidart twisties to Mallaig - Skye   Return via A87 / A82   If there is a small party, we need not book exact ferries. But if several wanna come, may well be prudent to book.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

where are you planning to camp , and for how long ?
Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Plan?....LOL   1 or 2 nights on Arran, Islay, Mull , Skye. No specific campsites in mind, except  Kildonan on Arran.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Plan ?
I think if you wish to take a group of people on six ferries to four islands three campsites one b&b in one week , some sort of planning is going to be necessary .
E.g. The Islay to Oban ferry only runs on a wednesday .
If you plan to go from Islay to Mull . You need to be at the harbour at 09:30 ,(opposite side of the island from the campsites) you will arrive on Mull at 16:45. A tad late to 'find' a campsite.
Dusty x
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Well so far Dusty, there's only me and XK commited to the trip Confused   1066 and yourself have expresed an interest but nothing definite Embarrassed   You just said you'd prefer 2 weeks or 2 seperate trips Ermm   And it's not on the calendar yet as not enough names to make a submission worthwhile Ermm   Unless folk post in THIS thread that they "want" to go, we dont know "who" wants to go Wink   So it's not really worth making hard and fast plans just for me an XK Disapprove   Would you like to make a firm "commitment" to the trip Dusty Question                                                                                                                                                                               
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Please copy and paste & add your names if your interested Thumbs Up       XK Emzed                                                                                                                                                                                   
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

This is such a Brilliant idea that even if it falls through . I do believe I'll take that week as my Scottish Holiday and go to the Islands anywayThumbs Up   Please copy and paste & add your names if your interested Thumbs Up XK Emzed DUSTIN666                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

XK what are the current dates your working on?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Riding to Ardrossan Sat 18th May, and if in time catch a late ferry to
Arran, camping at Kildonan. A week's tour, flexible; the only constraint being we must leave Islay on the wednesday to Oban.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Kildonan is the name of the hotel
The campsite is called Seal Shore .

Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Whatever, so long as u get the 1st round in...Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Absolutely , one pint and lots of straws. I have to say , that pub had a great atmosphere last year . there must have been about thirty BMs having a great time every night . A full Scottish breakfast for £7.00 in the hotel overlooking the beach . The perfect cure for a hangover.   Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Five weeks to go - any more takers?

This is not on Events as only 3 going so far.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Hi XK , I thought you had given up on this coz you have put yourself down for Squires spring bike show that starts the following friday . I put my name down aswell and ''Drove to drink'' the weekend before . What's the craic ?
Dusty x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Might have to give the the Squires bash the elbowUnhappy

Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

Hi guys ..Ive spent a little time up in Scotland Its a fantastic biking country ... I really would have liked to come along on this even though Im not a lover of whisky .. The only thing I would throw in the mix is something i spoke to emz about and that is your fuel stops !! they can be a little spars up there and some do not open after a certain time and certain days ... I hope you have a cracking time Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

XK,

as I have been sadly absent too much here,
and as this is my final summer before retirement, and the taking up of drinking red wine and WHISKY (and whiskey, I am 3/4 Irish)

I feel the need to join you on this auspicious occasion, (we may need more supervision)
XK

Emzed

DUSTIN666

old yeti.
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

"Enjoy the whiskey and scenery folks! s,"

ps MoMeg, are you not volunteering to
as tour guide?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 374 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption