Heiine Gerrike

29 Posts | Latest reply on 23/07/2012 18:14:55 by Noddy1 | Go to original / last post
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Good luck with this one Andy Thumbs Up   I think you will have no trouble proving the validity of your claim Approve   Keep us informed please, as it may help or encourage others to "make a stand" Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

One-year guarantee (I presume). Unit packed up after seven months. That's all the evidence you need.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

"Merchantable Quality" was the term in the old "Sale of Goods" Act   I'm not sure if the "terminology" has been changed but the protection under the LAW is still the same, only now it is better as, (as far as I am aware) the new "Act" leaves no room for doubt   It makes it clear that it is the "Retailers" responsibility to honour the contract which you made "at the point of sale"   They are NOT ALLOWED to refer you to any manufacturers warranty (implied or otherwise)   Your "contract" rests "solely" with the retailer Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If all else fails I have a spare baseball bat! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

just to keep u guys informed....still NO reply to my e mail to Head Office and the shop in Maidstone...
good huh!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I was in the Stoke on Trent shop this week .BIG sale on but no sat navs like you say , Assistant was vague about the price and availability of Givi luggage and they,ve also stopped stocking Arai helmets .                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

They'll never survive in this current economic climate as I said before   They were doing OK while "credit" was flowing like "tap water"   But the majority of bikers are far too "canny" these days   We are all "cash strapped"   And shopping where the "real" bargains are   I still think the full wieght of the law should be brought down on them   If it only makes them settle quickly to avoid "negative " publicity   Have you informed them Andy, that you are part of a huge "NATIONAL online network" of bikers who are "aware" of their tardiness ?   It might just sharpen up their response   Plus, now might be the time to send an email to Garmin, informing them of your disappointment with one of their retailers   I know it's not really their problem (Garmin's) but I'm sure they will be interested to hear about your trouble with HG   Just my 2 pennorth as usual   I'm sure you are onto it in your own way Best of luck mate, I hope it's sorted soon                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

Thanks |Emz..heard no more today and just too busy to sort the next step....ie Trading Stds/County Court.
BUT it will be sending a polite reminder by e mail today....agaiin.                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

Your consumer rights – products must be: of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect it to and be free of any defects fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you. Not having any luck with sorting out problems? Then call 08454 04 05 06.     Info off TS website Andy, you have to go through the CAB now                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 373 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption