New Feature: Event attendees at a glance

47 Posts | Latest reply on 29/04/2012 11:26:34 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i dont even know how to add favourites!!   I can see its a good idea to see who is going at a glance rather than having to click it open to see - bt i do have to agree with sandi a bit it does look a bit messy now ..... maybe i just need to get used to it... i just opened teh events to check whats on this weekend and thought my computer was havign a funny moment.... il see how it goes   that no disregard for the hard work it must have taken matt ... alwyas mucho appreciated but just getting my head roudn it at the mo! Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

No Matt, it deffo is a right mess now. It's difficult to look at a GLANCE for an event.   The county is now underneath on a second line.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Matt,

You must be spending far too much time on these gadgets on the calender if it's affecting your performance. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
42% Karma42% Karma 42% Karma42% Karma

Great idea Matt, but messy looking for me too!  We'll get used to it though and wonder how we ever managed to live without it lol.   Might of been better for me knowing which folk were going that I wanted to avoid instead of my favourite people LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

guys i know it looks messy... but my problem is that I'm crap with designing graphics, looks, layout etc.  What I'm good at is functionality and coding, making something that works.

If you guys can suggest how to make it look better please let me know and I'll change it.

The only thing I've done is added (#/#)  at the beginning of each event to show how many are attending / favourites attending.  Then at the end of each event title it adds a star if you have a friend attending just to highlight it for you.

Sandi, it doesn't add the county to the 2nd line.... it just stretches onto a 2nd line if the event title is too long (including the new added bits).  Hence we've now got a few starts on separate lines.

The only way I can fix that is to lose the 3 columns and have one long list.  It would mean a complete redesign though, which would be worth doing so i can correct the above-mentioned issue with attendees counting.

Do you all way that, a longer vertical list rather than 3 columns?  We could have a table like the forums.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Or could you go to two columns Matt???                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Part of the problem is having the 2 numbers you miss read it as a date. how about just having the number of members going? as you will already know if your favorits are going as there your mates                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

Agree with jp, don't think we need to see how many of our favs are going.  I always look at who is going to an event and you can quickly spot the folk you know and those you don't.    Don't see why the columns have to be changed, we will get used to it Matt Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

It looks straight forward to me.   The thing with favourites, is how you use that facility. Some may use it as a reference for people they think they could get on with in a possible relationship. Others may use it to highlight who their mates are. If you are on the site just to meet friends you may not necessarily mark anyone as favourites. As JP said, you know who your mates are and don't need to keep a list.   Either way I am easy.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Damn, David beat me to it!

Yep, if I have 20 girls in my favourites list who I'd love to meet up with then currently I'd have to monitor all their profiles, individually go into every event on each of their profiles to look where the events are and when etc.

Now in the calendar I can press Search, enter my postcode and distance, then immedaitely see which events my favourite girls are going to be at.  Then go myself with the chance I might bump into one of them.  :-D                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

Lol @ Matt what ya like??!!!   I only use favourites to remind myself of the folk I promised to contact for particular ride outs!   Thinking about it, 2 columns might be a good idea, if it equates to looking at 2 months.  Will be more room and it won't look so squashed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Matt she can read you know lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Oh! Matt, will ya stop mucking about wiv the calendar? I phookin hate change, why fix what aint broke.   Can't ya buy a crossword book, like other folk, when ya get bored? Tongue   guys i know it looks messy... but my problem is that I'm crap with designing graphics, looks, layout etc. So don't do it then.   NO! please don't change anything else. It was fine as it was, it's a flippin calendar FGS not a new hair style! Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                                
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Looks ok to me but feel free to make any changes you want to confuse Sandi; lol.   Only joking Sandi; lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

For once Simon I was not confused, much, lol more fed up really, the nice tidy calendar is all messy now. All my hard work messed up *sob* Cry waaaa                                                                                                                                                                               
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Let me loose with it and see what it looks like; lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Doesn't look bad at all, and isn't that different than before apart from the (#\#) at the beginning........change is good Sandi...embrace it, grow....it how we evolve........ It's an on going metamorphisis .....lol....

It good you can see at a glance if it's going to be busy or not with out trawling the pics.....

Weel done I say...
Matt's Profile
Matt

Thanks Johnny.

Sandi sometimes things have to change.  When people from BM meet me they often voice their frustrations, suggestions etc when otherwise they wouldn't (might be why i rarely go to events haha).  if I think a suggestion can be easily implemented (considering it's value to the site) then I will do so of course.  I would be a very bad site owner if I didn't.

Remember - there would be NO calendar if I hadn't listened to people and created that section. It wasn't there in the beginning.   Same for the Lift Requests.  Same with your suggestion I changed behind the scenes today (not populating the dates when adding a new event).

If things don't change or get upgraded, the site will soon become stagnant and boring.

This small change doesn't destroy the calendar at all, and it adds a significant new feature which will be of great value to those people using the site for dating.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

And anyone who mistakes the numbers for a date needs to be either neutered or sent back to school FFS!   Thumbs Down   If you can't work out that it's not a date then you need serious help                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

OK moany pants.... the big yellow star has been replaced with a slimmed down little yellow asterix.

ok for you?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 474 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption