BM USA Tour

40 Posts | Latest reply on 05/10/2011 22:18:13 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

In April I had a chat with Matt regarding doing a US BM tour as I have toured there and have friends in the business also.

My thoughts were to make the tour in 2013 and would allow time to get cash together for going as it is the ultimate bike trip.  The first thing is, is  it worth my taking time to put it together ?

I can get cheaper biker rentals and a tour guide but you will still look at maybe around 3k depending on length of time we do it.  This would cover hotel, bike, Ins, spare bike, and guide with a van to carry luggage.  You would still need to pay for fuel, food and flights as we would all fly from different airports I would of thought.

In terms of food and fuel it is very cheap in the US as I paid around 6$-8$ for a tank of fuel (£4 at the time).  This will depend on the exchange rate but they pay way less for the fuel than we do.

There is two tours I thought would be ideal

The "Mother Road" Route 66 from Chicago to LA 
2400 miles long from Chicago to Los Angeles, crosses three time zones and 8 States: Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California

or

The Wild West/Best of the West which starts and finishes in LA. 

Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Yosemite, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco

I've not costed it out but can do cheaper for 7 days or the 3k is is 16 days of some of the best biking you can do EVER.  I can also take as many as want to go so the more there is the cheaper I can make it.  Also if you take a pillion then you can half the cost of fuel Thumbs Up

Thoughts ????

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

First thought, wish i had £3k to burn!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Second, bloody double post lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Madscots, that sounds great. We were going to start saving for the Lions tours of Australia in 2013, but Im sure the Mrs would much prefer this. I'll keep a eye on this thread.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Sounds good, Thumbs Up

Will defo keep an eye on this one ... we usually take a couple of hols over the year ... so maybe just one for 2013 ... Hint hint to Mr P Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

£3,000.00 + flights + fuel way out of my price range                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ive never been to the states and to do it on a bike would be fantastic.. £3k does seem a lot but Ive never been on holiday abroad before so wouldn't know if it was a good deal or not.. 

I would want to go for the 16 days and do the Route 66.
It would be a once in a life time opportunity for me Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I might just manage this - I got £3                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

LOL @ XK LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

XK can I come pilion with you? I've got £1.50                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No need to split the petrol money, Min.   Just a cuppa and a sticky bun will suffice.   (thinks *crafty XK, tea + bun > £ 1.50 he-he*)                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

The Wild West Tour has 2 nights in San Francisco and 2 nights in Las Vegas as part of the deal Thumbs Up

Yes it's a lot of money but something this big won't be cheap but then again a lot of bikers don't even ride into the continent and that's £40 on a ferry.

Money isn't what stops some people it's just themselvesThumbs Up but on the other hand an issue if you don't have it also.

Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool

3k is about right on price if anyone wants to compare it with the likes of "eaglerider" tours etc for the same rides Thumbs Up   hmm now where's that piggy bank gone.........................                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

Think I'd be up for this depending on dates and would have to be the ཾ'Big smileBig smile

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

would love to but alas a son at med school keeps my pockets empty lol                                                                                                                                                                              
brummiepaul's Profile
brummiepaul

In: birmingham
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

its surely one trip i am going to keep in my mind and give it some thought, the states and route 66 wow!!  La,... Vegas.... sunshine!!! once in a lifetime trip........whats my bank managers number!!!

Minnie the Minx

does any one know the US regs e.g. how long you have to have held a full UK license before you can rent & ride a bike on US roads?   Me and my two daughters are already planning a Las vegas based trip with a loop taking in the grand canyon, Bryce canyon, monument valley, then travel to west coast via Death Valley and zabriskie point...wow   My daughter is planning to hire a mustang convertable lol and now a little plan is fermenting here....this could also be my support vehicle....hmm better start practicing warbling my iconic desert wheels songs                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

ooooh blimey, I could buy a proper cowboy hat!                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Minnie the Minx
ooooh blimey, I could buy a proper cowboy hat!

What i did Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Paul, Thats what Im thinking... It will be a once in a life time trip.... When I weigh  up how much I have saved over the years by not going on holiday, I recon I can push the boat out as I wont get an opportunity like this again.. To do route 66 on a bike and with friends would be awesome... Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 1067 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption