Where to get my carbs tuned

7 Posts | Latest reply on 14/06/2011 14:46:58 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Nickzamo's Profile
Nickzamo

In: Uckfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all, i have just rebuilt the engine on my ER5 - long story but basically i broke it! Anyway i am in Uckfield, East Sussex and need the carbs tuning on the bike as it now seems to flood and drops on to one cylinder on idle. My question is where is recommended in my area to take it to? Being a vehicle technician i am a bit fussy about who works on it as i know some people that are not to good if you know what i mean. Anyway, i am open to suggestions where to take it to get it running sweet again. Cheers, Nick                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Err if your a vehicle technician and you rebuilt the engine you will have no problem with setting up the carbs

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

check yoyr float levels ? it'll be in the manual                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

Nick' you have a problem with the floats/needle valves that needs addressing before any tuning.                                                                                                                                                                              
Nickzamo's Profile
Nickzamo

In: Uckfield

Ahh, well see the problem is i am used to fixing cars and trucks - all have fuel injection. When it comes to carbs i get a little lost, and dont have a co meter i can use so thought it best to get it done somewhere incase i muck it up LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

theyre easyer than fuel injection to work on Nick but if you dont feel confident then your probably rite to take it somewhere i seem to remember Lings were in sussex but i might be confusing that with sufolk !!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

for balancing carbs the kit jp morgan supplies are great. very easy to use. not that expensive either.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3516 seconds. There are 398 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption