Why as my profile photo been changed?

20 Posts | Latest reply on 09/07/2011 15:25:56 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

The one i had up showed my face, so was within the rules, i was getting a better response with it and now it been changed?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hey rags, best to ask a moderator, but normally its if the photo is too far away and its hardly recognisable, but if you contact one of the mods they will give you a proper explanation                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Ragnar, I'm not sure why your picture was changed or who by, if a profile pic does not fit in with the rules and regs, Mods will change them. 
The rules can be found at  the bottom of the page, which will take you to this link..   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/rules.asp   The rules regarding photos can be found under section 21.   Profile photos must be in accordance with the following rules.  Failure to cooperate will result in your photos being remove or your account deleted...  Your "Best/Default Pic" must be clearly of yourself, without helmet and not in the middle of 50 other people either.  It should be a recent portrait photo of yourself, or as near to this as possible. Miscellaneous photos such as bikes, cars, kitchens, fish, sheep(!), etc can be uploaded in addition to your Best Pic.  We have no problem with you uploading jokes which add humour to the site... but you main pic has to be of yourself. Photos solely of other people will be removed from your profile unless we can confirm who it is and that you have permission to upload the picture. You wouldn't want people putting your worst picture on THEIR profile would you? Photos of children are explicitly not allowed!  One exception: photos of yourself with your own children.  You must have at least one other photo which clearly identifies you. Weapons/Guns being held by a person will not be allowed in profile photos.  Neither will photos representing gangs or other threatening behaviour be allowed.  Loose articles are fine. 'Suggestive' photos will not be allowed.  It goes without saying that 'nude' pics aren't allowed, but neither are those that are too suggestive and of an adult nature.  It's at a moderator's descretion whether to allow your photo or not. Photos that are so small and pixelated that it's impossible to make out any details will be removed.  These photos frustrate other members (who think that the site is at fault and end up reporting the photo to us). Photos including personal contact information put you at risk, and so will be removed.  The 2nd time you upload a photo with your contact details in, you will be banned from the site (Permantently & without exception, subscribed member or not). Number plates of vehicles should be removed, but we do not enforce this.  You put yourself at risk if you include your number plate in photos, from those who copy plates to those who want to find you.  You should edit your photo(s) before uploading.   I hope this helps, if you need any more info, please pm me or one of the other Mods and we will be happy to helpThumbs Up   Karey Moderator Team                                                                                                                                                                               
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay

May i suggest that you look at all of peeps pics as there are many of then not showing there face                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yeh Sumo, we are aware of this. Smile
 We literally have hundreds of profiles to moderate every day and as we are all volunteers we try to get round to doing this as often as our circumstances allow.   It may seem, at times, that some peoples profiles have 'escaped through the net' but we will catch up with them.   One of the things that people might want to consider, is NOT  changing their pics or profiles to show people different pics of themselves, as when this happens the profiles are put back into the Moderator section to be approved again, thus making more work for us.   I hope this clarifys things, we just hope that you have patience with us, we are working as hard as we can.   Many Thanks KareySmile Moderator Team                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

Well said that women lol

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Well said Kaz.   Yes indeed if your profile pic isn't your BEST one (i.e. there's another one which is showing your head & shoulders) then it will most likely be changed by a moderator.   There's many photos that slip by, but we catch up with them eventually.   If you believe someone's photo should be changed, hit the "Report" button at the top of their profile to let a moderator know.   Or, write down a few usernames and email them to the moderator group using the Contact page.  We'll take a look and do our best.   If a better photo isn't available, we'll make a decision on whether to delete all photos until a more appropriate one is available, or to simply allow the one they have.   Ragnar - your profile has a better photo of yourself available.  In it's thumbnail form nobody can make out your identity from your current photo.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Can I suggest , maybe you take a new one of head & chest where your looking at the camera not from the side ... that way you get your nekid torso on with your tattoos & also a clear shot of your face ? 

Just a compromise                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Shell that'a a good suggestion                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thank you boss man, I do have my moments :-)

Tho as a woman I don't see anything wrong with the other pic... Except the choice of football team lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

frist i was told it was blackberry that changed it, then i was told it was matt, so what's the truth? it seems no picture is more acceptable than the one i had, talk about 2 + 2 = 5, the next photo could be of my feet when my subscription runs out, plus the daily mail cheaper and there's less back slapping.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I changed your photo (twice actually).  Maybe BB also changed it.   You had a perfectly acceptable photo which I chose to set as your main profile pic.  If you don't like it then upload another which meets the site's rules.   The one YOU selected was not appropriate as your face wasn't visible.   It's very simple and it's covered in the site rules (rules which members of this community chose!)   Having NO photo is fine - because people can select to REMOVE picture-less profiles from search results.  What members of this site DON'T want is a load of photos of bikes, animals, houses, backs of people's heads, tattoos etc while going through the search results pages.   It's very simple and I don't know what you're making such a ball ache of it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
42% Karma42% Karma 42% Karma42% Karma

Just for the record if I ever change someone's photo I always message them to explain why! In this instance it wasn't me :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bet its got him loads of views now though !!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
scootagirl's Profile
scootagirl

In: Southampton

I thought it was a perfectly good photo ragnor - it certainly led me onto your profile LOL x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well what is fair for one is fair for all   MAT is a moderator i presume well his photo is not of his clear face   its to far away and got a cake shoved in the way    so talk about calling the kettle black                                                                                                                                                                                  
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

MAT is a moderator i presume   Matt OWNS the site.    The question of what is suitable, for a profile photo, is a mine field. Even I don't know for sure and I've been a member since the site was 3 mths old.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sandi, you've been a member since u were 3 mths old!Wink        ps - lighten up, peeps - lets just ride!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

XK are you saying I look like a 'site'? Shocked Tongue LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sandi - not at all, luv u to bitsHeart                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 684 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption