harley ride across usa

9 Posts | Latest reply on 21/11/2010 17:14:03 by madscots | Go to original / last post
flagstaff's Profile
flagstaff

In: leicester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

anybody rode a harley across usa                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Not across the US but along the Pacific Coast Highway, absolutely awesome. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
flagstaff's Profile
flagstaff

how long did that take u                                                                                                                                                                              
Ki's Profile
Ki

In: North Notts

Paul (UK Harley rider) has done most of route 66. he might share his experience with you Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I picked up a Harley in Glendale CA and rode up to Oregon then back down as far as San Diego before dropping it back in Glendale three weeks later.  Some great scenery along the way, but a lot of nothingness inbetween sometimes.  Good thing over there is you'll always find a motel whenever you need to stop and they are very, very reasonable.
flagstaff's Profile
flagstaff

thanks everyone any help from anyone would be great thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

One tip I would give you is don't park on the edge of a disabled bay.  We parked next to one, on a triangular patch alongside the disabled bay, and got a ticket that would have been about $280 if we hadn't managed to argue our ignorance just before the office shut that day.  We weren't even on the bay but apparently a few wardens were called out to make the judgment before the ticket was issued.   Also make sure you have enough fuel so you don't have to fill up in any questionable areas.  We ended up in an iffy part of LA at one point having to fuel the bike and it was quite unnerving.                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

Did the Trail of Tears route a while back , very good http://www.trailoftears-remembrance.org/                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

I've done the wild west and was stuning, I have the head tour guide for Sun riders (used to work for Eagle rider tours) staying with me after the Brummy bike show.   We did everything from Route 66, Grand canyons, monument valley, Las Vegas, Palm Springs....  Was fantastic went from 90+ in LA to -0 over top mountains into Yosemite  to 132 along Route 66.   I got a pile of pics up on me profile if u want a look, any questions happy to answer                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4219 seconds. There are 358 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption