access to Bikermatch

14 Posts | Latest reply on 07/11/2010 18:04:26 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

why do i have to keep confirming my email address to access Bikermatch, it's just more hassle i don't need, shouldn't this only happen if you had changed you address and could'n access Bikermatch                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hmm ive only had to do it twice in 18 months, do u have to confirm email often?                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Mine done this quite a few times a month or so back. Its been fine since tho'. That dont help you Bill does it???                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I have noticed its logging me out more often now .. it used to be I could leave it a while & come back ... now everytime I leave it when I come back I have to sign in                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

this happens once every 90 days. If you log in and haven't verified your email in 90 days or more then you wont get access to the site until you do so. This is to stop people "blacklisting" us in their email provider, and to encourage people to add us to their "White list" or "safe senders list". Also, if if you don't confirm your email address within 120 days then you no longer receive any email at all from BM. This is to prevent us emailing expired email accounts - as doing so causes email providers (like hotmail, gmail etc) to ban us if we email dead addresses (they this we're spamming) The whole system is to ensure we're able to continue delivering emails to everyone. You'd be more miffed if you could no longer receive any email from BM, and new members couldn't receive their activation links to join the site.... it's happened numerous times in the past
Matt's Profile
Matt

Also, moving this topic to Website Issues as it has nothing to do with motorcycle events and rides out lol :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

You sure it's not a cookie problem Bill, if i log in from work i have to confirm everytime as our cookies are wiped overnight

Matt's Profile
Matt

No you don't... I can guarentee you that you DON'T.  :-)   I know, cos I coded the thing.  Only every 90 days will you be asked to re-verify your email address.   If cookies are disabled then you'll be asked to LOGIN again, just like if you go to another computer... this isn't the same as re-verifying your account though.   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

I can only say that I'm logged in at home and at work ( where they clear the cookies out every  time and I am always logged in, never asked to re log in, and thats with all other sites I frequent as well. and Im on a so called secure MOD system at work.Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

definitely not a cookie problem, maybe its just the 90 day thing but it seems more often then that, maybe its just me                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

check your emails and look for all the ones with the same subject from BM.  Then look at the dates you've had them.  They should be more than 90 days apart.                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

my bad matt, i meant have to login, cant remember when i last had to veryify from an email tho... lol                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

at least you get to see the adverts :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I've never had to verify an email address, does that mean I'm special?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 992 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption