Advice Please

14 Posts | Latest reply on 28/08/2010 15:09:22 by earthwind | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

Before anyone shouts at me I know it's not bike related but I am so ner Tongue lol   Does anyone have any tips that work for relieving sinus pain. Apart from steam inhalation, which works well but not very practical, and tablets which make me feel sick. I'm in pain for a couple of days when it arrives so any tips would be great, thanks.   Sensible ones I mean, 'chop your head off' won't be considered a sensible option LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
shadowguyver's Profile
shadowguyver

In: Boston
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

read up about netti pot my mum and dad used them very good and you don't normly get it again.                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I've heard that reflexology can be effective. A mate had the relevant bit on her foot massaged and yukky gunk INSTANTLY started running out of her nose and relieving the pain                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I will second what minnie has said Reflexology is brilliant for it                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

get yourself to an ENT doc at the hospital!                                                                                                                                                                             
Enola's Profile
Enola

In: Birmingham

Hopi Ear Candles....work a treat.  Usually costs about £20 for a treatment which includes a small facial massage too.  You can buy the candles for around £7-£8 for a pair, recommend Biosun Candles - but you will need someone to do them for you as tis very tricky to try and do them yourself.  I'm trained to do treatments but dunno where ya live so unless it's near me I can't really help....but do recommend them.                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

Live abroad Kwak!                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

I would go 2 the doc's that wot I do n usually end up on anti biotics n strong painkillers
Hope u feel betta soon xx

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thank you all for your input.    I've never heard of Neti Pot before, I'll read up on that.   Reflexology is ok if ya got someone to do it for ya, I can't reach my tootsies lol. I don't have a problem with nasal 'gunk' as my nose is dry, (probably cos I have a nasal spray for a dust allergy) it's just the facial pain that disrupts my life.     I've heard of Hopi ear candles but never knew they were for sinus treatment, apart from the fact I'm skint, I have very narrow ear canals and doubt it would work for me, thank you for telling me tho.   LOL E.N.T? I spent most of the first 8 yrs of my life in hospital and had 13 ear operations, can ya think of something less traumatic?   Lived abroad for 2 and half yrs but I didn't have sinus problems then so I don't know if the different air works.   I've been to the docs, he gave me nasal spray but it doesn't seem to work as good as it did the first time, as for pain relief nothing shifts it and sinus tablets make me feel sick.   Thanks everyone. Thumbs Up   Now all I gotta do is find someone who is willing to reflexologise me tootsies or stick candles in me ears, give me a lift to the hospital or charter a plane. LOL                                                                                                                                                                                          
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

Lived abroad for 2 and half yrs but I didn't have sinus problems then so I don't know if the different air works.   That means it did Kwak!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Ninj I didn't have sinus problems then, only started with ailments after I quit smoking, coming up for 3 yrs. I've been back from Gibraltar for 19 years lol.                                                                                                                                                                                  
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

try smoking again thenLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL no chance! I can't stand the smell Sick                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

pain is usually when the sinuss are blocked and congested so if the reflexology releases that will relieie the pressure i think.

Focus on yer sinuses as you go to sleep and visualise the pain going and getting smaller and tyhe pressure getting less and less... imagine having a dimmer switch that you can turn down

It self hypnosis and it can be very effective.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 303 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption