Six injured in Quadbike smash - witnesses sought

8 Posts | Latest reply on 19/07/2010 23:46:10 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

LANCASHIRE POLICE have appealed for witnesses after a quad bike ploughed into pedestrians on a busy main street, leaving six people injured in the smash, including a toddler.

Police reports say the accident took place at around 4pm last Saturday when a male rider lost control of the quadbike at a junction in the centre of Blackburn, mounting the pavement before striking a toddler in a pushchair.

The 34-year-old rider and 30-year-old male pillion were critically injured in the crash. Both remain in intensive care. Neither was wearing a safety helmet.

The toddler was released from hospital after an overnight stay having suffered cuts and bruising.

Inspector Ilyas Mohmed, of Blackburn Police, told the Citizen newspaper: “The bike had been coming towards Augusta Street to the junction of Clement Street and they were trying to negotiate a turn when they lost control of the vehicle and mounted the footpath hitting the pedestrians.

“Both men, who were not wearing helmets, were thrown off the bike and hit a wall and a lamppost.

"We cordoned the area off as paramedics attended to the pedestrians and the two men.

“The incident is now being investigated by our road policing unit.”

Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not sure why, every quad I've seen on the road, is ridden by a complete pr*t. Invariably unsilenced, attention seekers at thier worst.Unhappy       Gotta say, they're brilliant fun off-road thoSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I saw someone on one last night on my way home acting a right prat!!!

2 lanes and he was filtering (or trying to) like he was on a bike, thought this was him when I read the topic headline.

I agree great off road but too many idiots ride them on the roads And no helmets or clothing, wonder if they will end up having restrictions like we do one day?

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

Think the law on the usage of Quads needs to be updated.

We ran a quad track on a holiday camp for 10 years and under those conditions they are great fun but out on the road i have to agree most folk ride them like dicks

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i used 2 have aroad quad they are not as easy 2 ride as they look i never had any real issues with mine i always rode mine with all my normal bike gear on but why do u not need a helmet 2 ride these defy logic                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

cant understand the point of quads at all on road                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

I have a mate who rides a quad on the road, he used to ride a bike but lost a leg years ago when a lorry swiped him.   They're smaller than trikes!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
80% Karma80% Karma 80% Karma80% Karma

The quad bike across the road from me is so loud even I can hear it, I'm sure the decibels aren't legal.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 583 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption