Does anybody else find this ash thing a bit wierd?

20 Posts | Latest reply on 19/04/2010 23:04:49 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

sorry is it me, the sky looks so clear and blue. Bit yet again there's no flights in or out of the uk?
It screams consipiracy theory to me!!!!
A new fighter plane under test? Alien space craft? Who knows, any theories?

yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

I heard on the radio it was to keep everyone in the country to vote.

But they haven't thought it through, we'll all be dead through bordom!

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Not if the weather stays as good as it has been we won't cos we will all be out on our bikes!!                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

My garden is full of ash Alan!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Actually I'm blamin me mum (97 !!) . . reckon its all the ash from her burnin back her pampas grass that's done it. Wasn't a b....y volcano at allLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The ash is high up mate and it is lethal to engines it will block it and grind it also at speed it would be like a sand blaster on anything at speed and altitude... No conspiracy theories ..... But doesn't mean we can't start some lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I cannot believe ... well I can .. that the Air companies are saying they don't think its as bad as the met office make out ... I would rather be grounded & KNOW I am safe than run a risk.

I know people like Tel have had hold cancelled & I am sorry for you on that basis, but rather have you here in one piece Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

There is a great risk of engines basically choking (kinda).  The ash rock/metals melt at around 1300 degrees and the jet engines are about 2000 degrees inside.  What happens is that the rock melts in the engines, then turns into a sticky liquid which sticks to the blades and chokes up small areas in the jet. This causes the air to fuel ratio to become richer and richer until it cuts off. The deal in Europe now is that the authorities like ICAO and Eurocontrol don't want the risk of this happening (again, it's happened before - many times).  If they allow planes to fly and it happens, then it will be their fault.   The airlines are saying "well, it's not so conentrated everywhere in Europe - so let us fly where it's not so bad!", which is an acceptable request and the authorities are making some final decisions at the moment.   Should start allowing planes to fly lower and maybe under VFR very soon.  But I estimate a few weeks until it's back to normal - and that's if the volcano stops adding fuel to the fire!   Remember that the Met Office DON'T decide who flies and who doesn't!  They give the facts to airport, airlines and the aviation authorities who make the decisions.  Like the CAA who close the UK airspace, or the LVNL in the Netherlands                                                                                                                                                                             
adrenaline_Junkie's Profile
adrenaline_Junkie

In: Brum

Allways better safe than sorry. However aliens would be cool Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Eltel's Profile
Eltel

In: Wolverhampton

Shell thanks for the thought  Just rebooked for a longer break in May so alls well that ends well   Do think that CYTMs theory could have some legs as L9s garden is covered in Grey stuff ??????  and Mi  Lava lamp is acting all funny !!! and apparently I have been missing for 24hrs but the less said about that the better !                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

CYTM we were on top of the hills in Cumbria today and not a speck of ash other than off me fag end. Either someones exaggerating or there's deffo something strange going on in them thar hills!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Aparrently an Icelandic nuclear scientist has been reported to have apologised for carrying out an underground explosion on a tectonic fault line!!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

so how is it that for years and years we have always had aerial footage of volcano clouds? was great risk taken to get those pictures, or is it ok to go up in a plane with propellers but not ones with a jet engine? hope that made sense and that someone knows Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Nail on the head there Julie, totally different types of engines Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think they normally film the ash clouds from above without ever flying through it.

Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

My daughter says she thinks it's the start of the end of the world, as stated in several well known texts including the bible lol. Not moking her but I seriously doubt these written sooth sayers of impending doom...........                                                                                                                                                                             
Nick750's Profile
Nick750

In: Reading

If this weather has anything to do with ash cloud then long may it continue :)

btw: the aliens are already here. I know.

old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

It,s the alien invasion..The Government don,t want us flying up there and seeing the armada of alien craft waiting for the mother ship to arrive & lead the invasion!!!!... I kid ye not! Only t,other night I myself was abducted & probed!! At least that,s what they said they were doing...   Anyone out there got a Venusian skeleton key so as I can get this damm straightjacket off???Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
clarissa's Profile
clarissa

In: Tell you later

i rather have some empathy along the lines of hull750rider's daughter, certainly i think 'the world' has long embarked on a chain of events, environmentally. (btw its very difficult to keep politics and relegion, the 2 taboo subjects, out of posts lol) i think there is no doupt of the serious implications, (and perhaps one should not jeste),, but there are conspiracy theries about many events, my favorites include USA first man on the moonErmm and  Ms Monroe's deathUnhappy swiftly movin on to a lighter note has anyone seen the film, 'Wag The Dog' (DeNiri/Hoffman )LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Don't worry everyone ............... it will be fixed soon.

Mums gone to Iceland Big smile !!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 1069 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption