Tyres

18 Posts | Latest reply on 28/03/2010 23:43:05 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

So anyone got any ideas for a good long life tyres, the tyres I am running are Bridgestone BT21's I get a problem with flattening on the rear.....so ideally a dual compound as I do a lot of long distance on motorways but at either end I have lots of crap back roads that require good grip when cornering.....   The front never quite feels that grippy but might just be me after a few close calls on farmers mud etc on the roads.   So high milage with good grip in all conditions and cornering...I know I want it all.....oh yeah and not gonna break the bank lol....   Any ideas....would be much appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've just switched to Michelin Pilot Road 2. About £250-£300 a pair depending on sizes.I read good reviews and the guy in the shop said he uses them too. Only done about 350 miles so far, but they seem good.
Gary.                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

during blind testing at work maxxis performed very well and are typicaly half the cost of better known brands                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Just switched, after 8 years on Bridgestone BT020's then BT021's.   The front BT021 was rubbish imho, gone over to Avon Storm's, wish I'd done it years ago. Better in every respect, tho I don't know how long they'll last yet.                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
36% Karma36% Karma 36% Karma36% Karma

Another vote for the road pilot 2's. I've had mine 18 months now and they are still like new after over 4k miles :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
bigned's Profile
bigned

In: Eastriggs
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

continetal road atacks seem very good on mine not so keen on the 2nd version went back to the origanas                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I'm trying Avon storms next on my classic CBR as the wheels are odd sizes.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

just seen this if its good for anyone 2 tyre deal http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/002463/Michelin_Pil...ght=061072                                                                                                                                                                              
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

In: Prestwick
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

I run Pirelli Diablo Strada, which I find great in all weathers; these have just been replaced with Angel ST which according to my local dealer are even better all round.   Hope this helps mate.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll check the price it would be easier if I could fit my own...save a few quid that way...local garages bung up the prices and charge for fitting down here                                                                                                                                                                             
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

My local dealer does us really good deals, as they bulk buy and pass on the savings, typically if book price was £200 i would get charged £150/160.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

that is a good shout....we should look at block purchasing on here.....post up some kit see who else is interested and block buy...used to do that with kit in the Marines, also there are the odd shop that will give 10% armed forces discounts, not many though disappointingly lol, but I always ask...
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

If you don't ask you don't get, they can only say no... Thumbs Down   The same dealer also gives the local bike clubs a 10% discount on all kit, servicing etc, but it works out cheaper to take the special price on the tyres rather than the club discount.   It's not a backstreet garage, it's a Honda solas agent, and always looks after its customers, also the mechanics are always very helpful, I guess I'm lucky    Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Maybe I should get one of the Navy flights see if i can get my bike in the boot go to Prestwick lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

just got shut of a set of Michellin's glad to see th eback of them, gone for Avon storms this time, loved them from day one...what a difference they make                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S

I used to run Conti road Attacks on my 600 thundercat for a daily 70 mile commute to work. managed in excess of 10,000 mile out of the back, and 15,000 out of the front. Plus the wet weather grip was real good.
For bigger bikes the Dunlop 207e is a good choice. Thinking of putting these on my 160bhp beemer when the current roadsmarts need replacing. The roadsmarts are good and the same duel compound as the 207e but different tread pattern.
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

METZLER TOURANCE 10,000 PLUS good in wet not so good in mud lol on 2nd set now                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ah just replaced my front got an 8000 mile service 1000 miles a month since I got the bike even over winter......i miss read the old one it was a Bridgestone BT20 on as standard, replaced it with a BT21 for £100 fitted it feels good and more grip....next ones will be the same if the wear is good.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 621 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption