Use internet explorer on Biker Match

14 Posts | Latest reply on 20/01/2010 12:55:43 by moonstone | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Where possible, please use internet explorer on Biker Match.  It gives a better experience and offers more features than the other browsers.   For those of you who think IE is not secure, you're wrong!  IE8 is the most secure browser available.  Here's one document which shows this... http://nsslabs.com/test-reports/Q309_Browser_Security_S..._Final.pdf   You're more likely to get a virus using Safari on a Mac than you are using IE8 on a PC.   Download IE8 to upgrade your security, performance and experience online... www.microsoft.com/uk/ie   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

So how much will we be missing out on if we continue to use another browser such as Mozilla. 

I tried IE8 but it just kept crashing and running really slow, so I went back to Mozzilla.

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

As a Mac user I haven't even the option of using Internet Explorer  and instead have Safari as standard and Firefox now installed. The latter has given me few problems. Besides I like to use Microsoft's products as little as possible so I won't be making any efforts to use IE.

So, as Fraglette asked, how much will those of us not using IE8 miss out? 
Matt's Profile
Matt

the new email system will work better for you, faster for sure with all the Ajax.  I've not tested it in other browsers to be honest.  The events photos section doesn't work in anything other than IE - the tagging doesn't work so i had to send all non-IE users over to the old events photos section.   Gonna redesign that bit though.   Plus - security!  IE8 is better  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

You used to be able to get IE for Macs, until Microsoft spat the dummy when Mac started their own Safari browser. Wink

I went over to Firefox on a PC about 5 years ago. I prefer it to both IE and Safari... We won't even mention Netscape! LOL

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

what about IE for mobiles ... is that supported Matt ???   *** yeah I know the inner geek in me its from being with Mr P for a total of almost 3 years ... windows mobile 6.5 here ***                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

reading that lot  has just confused me big styleLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

i use IE do i get a gold star boss ?lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol nealy, well done mate.  There's too many anti-Microsoft people out there who have no reason to hate Microsoft other than their mate told them to.   Shell, I've no idea about phones.  It's probably not a fully-packed version of IE though.   Drob, the document I linked to basically shows that the new IE is far more secure at stopping drive-by viruses (Those that are embedded in websites) and phishing scams (Websites made to look like other sites to get your details).  Some browsers, like Safari, barely stop any.   I use IE8 and it's a million times faster than any other browser.  Firefox is the slowest to start up on my (high spec) PC.  Firefox also doesn't display things correctly (doesn't do as it's told when I specify certain colours and formats in the HTML).  Google Chrome and Internet Explorer both get it right, so I don't know why Firefox makes a hash of it.  IE opens in less that 1 second on my PC, Chrome too, firefox takes about 6 seconds for the first load!                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

My washing machine takes about 1 1/2 hrs to do a load Matt - can you speed that up too ???

Embarrassed     LOL

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

A highly unscientific test just now had IE8 taking 15 seconds to load, Firefox about three or four and Chrome about one. The Electrolux in the kitchen takes 77 minutes - not really good enough for a graphics-heavy workload. (that's removing ink from kids' clothes, btw)

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Why are men obsessed with speed lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bluegh, IE8 is horrible and bloaty.  I'll stick with my google chrome thanks!

oh, and you're not more likely to get a virus using Safari on a Mac, mainly because the number of Mac Virus' out there total about 8, the majority of which aren't really viruses, just sneaky trojans. :p                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I updated and downloaded IE8 and encountered major problems so much so that my PC crashed. I have had it repaired now at a cost! and apparently there have been many many people that this has happend to by updating. He has taken off the facility for me to recieve updates and told me not to unless there were major changes. I had a nasty virus too and the man who knows said its was caused by the update. He has now loaded firefox which i dont particularly like ( its too big for my screen ) like looking through a magnifying glass. Its made me look massive in my profile piccy.....nowt to do with Xmas!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 393 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption