Brass Monkey Run 2nd January 2010 in aid of the Rainbows Hospice

25 Posts | Latest reply on 03/01/2010 14:08:52 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

January 2nd 2010
Brass Monkey Run from the Vic, Coalville. Starts at 1pm for Rainbows Childrens Hospice, £2.50 per rider.

The14th BRASS MONKEY RUN for Rainbows Childrens Hospice, which is a Motorcycle run around the Charnwood forest in Leicestershire for the New Year.

The Run starts at 1.30pm then back to The Vic for free soup and a roll and entertainment, normally bikers tend to leave after the soup from about 3pm but as it’s a Saturday, bands will be playing all day long until 1am the next morning, there will be another collection for Rainbows

To enter the run costs £2.50 minimum each person, all of which goes to Rainbows, and starts off from different locations around the Midlands at approx 12 noon, ie West Midlands meet at The National Motorcycle Museum Coventry Rd, in Solihull, Birmingham B26 – Burton on Trent meet at The Bass (Coors) Brewery DE14 1YQ – Derby meet at McDonalds on Markeaton Park Island DE22 4AA – Nottingham meet at The Japanese water gardens on the A52 at Stapleford 2 mins from J25 M1 and 10 minutes from the centre of Nottingham NG9 7JA – Leicester meet at Shires motorcycle training, 23 Blackbird Road Leicester, LE4 0AH – Rugby meet at Nightingales motorcycles, Lawford Road Rugby Warwickshire CV21 2EA, anywhere else please make your own way. Please arrive at The Vic for between 12.30 and 1pm. Volunteer co-ordinators welcome for each locations, or someone to take the initiative to start each run.. more info please e-mail vicbikerspub@btconnect.com or tel 01530 814718 or see website www.vicbikerspub.co.uk

The Run will leave The Victoria at 1.30 heading for Leicester on the A511 (A50) after passing under the M1 bridge the bikers will take a left at the next roundabout Markfield Lane about a mile into Newtown Linford, traveling down to the T junction at the bottom, taking a left turn here, it is hoped residents of the village will line the footpath on the left hand side to put money into the sidecar as they make there way up the hill towards Loughborough, ignoring the first left hand turn, Ulverscroft Road, they will carry on up the hill to the next left turn which is Benscliffe Rd and turn into it.
The Bikers will then travel along this road until they reach the T junction, about 3 miles turning right onto Nanpanton Road and heading straight on for Loughborough, down a steep hill to Nanpanton and a set of traffic lights they will all turn right here down Woodhouse Lane, passing Nanpanton Resavoir on the left heading for Woodhouse Eves, at the T junction at the end of this road bikers will turn left onto Beacon Road passing through Woodhouse Eves at 1.45, then onto Woodhouse at 1.46 arriving in Quorn at 1.48 taking a left towards Loughborough picking up the A6, the convoy will pass through Loughborough approx 1.50 through the town centre and out towards Hathern, just the other side of the last roundabout leaving Loughborough is a large LayBy, Bikers will pull in here to re-group for 15 mins, a crowd could gather here to welcome the bikers at there half way point
At 2.10 the bikers will leave the lay-by and head for Hathern, in Hathern at 2.12 there is one set of traffic lights, turn left onto Shepshed Rd and travel up the steep hill for Shepshed town, about a mile away, go under M1 and enter town, keep on this road going through the town until you reach a mini island, turn left onto Brittania St and go to center of town, ‘’The Bull Ring’’ a mini island again, turn right onto Charnwood Road and go up to the traffic lights about a mile, straight over onto Iveshead Road, keep on this road until you reach a T / staggered junction, it’s a right and left here onto Meadow Lane, The Forest Rock pub is on your right as you turn down it, keep on this road until you reach the traffic lights, turning right onto the A511 Stephenson Way to the next island, turn left onto Whitwick Rd and back to The Vic.

It is hoped that with the help of Radio, Newspapers and TV it will encourage residents to come onto the kerbside to wave the bikers through and throw money into the last sidecar.

The collection point are as follows:- The Victoria, Coalville 1 --- Newtown Linford 2 from the bottom of Markfield Road along Main St towards Sharpley Hill at 1.10pm --- Nanpanton 3 just after the right turn onto Woodhouse Lane at 1.20 – Woodhouse Eves 4 from bottom of Breakback Road towards Quorn on Beacon Road at 1.25pm –Woodhouse - 5 along Forest road towards Quorn..at 1.27 - Quorn – 6 from Chaveney Road to the traffic lights at 1.30pm –Loughborough - 7 all along the A6 through the town to the Bishop Meadow Roundabout,taking about 10 mins1.35 to 1.45 pulling into layby 200 yards futher up. – leave Layby for Hathern 8- at 2.10 arriving at 2.15, collecting along Loughborough Rd to the lights then up Shepshed Road - Shepshed 9 2.20 along Hathern Road, Brook St, Market Place, Brittania St, Field St, Charnwood Rd, and Iveshead Road up to the last house on the left hand side for about 2.25
Agar Nook - 10 - Meadow Lane from The Forest Rock down to lights -- turn right and back to pub!!

Then after the run, we are holding a charity concert for rainbows children’s hospice, its free to get in, all that we ask is any spare change you may have is please put in the buckets provided , they’ll be 5 top local bands with local hero’s RADIAL UPROAR headlining the event and a party disco until 1am
Click here for a map of the area

drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

didnt read all the info rose, too much to take in, if there aint ice on the roads or snow I will consider doing this run                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
81% Karma81% Karma 81% Karma81% Karma

B C have you submitted this for entry onto the event calendar?   I can link it to the newsletter from the calendar.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I would love to take part in something like this but we will sstill be in New York,   Hope all that go have fun & wrap up warm                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

if its dry we may do thisone, its the anniversary of my mums death so will take my  mind off things                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

If someone has a spare pilly i'm up for this :)                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I left home to go to this last year and dropped me sodding bike on the ice pmsl........Will try again this time! Great post Boobies.                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

You are welcome Ghosty!!

Kwak would be very grateful if you did and put it onto events page..Im rubbish at that..LOL

Hope to see as many of you as possible that day...great chance to catch up...long time no see!!

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

You'll never learn if ya don't keep practicing lol   I've entered it for ya B C, hope it's ok. I've not put as much of the text as you have here so I've directed folk to this thread for the details.                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Refresh                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Have a ball everyone doing this, we will probably do somethings like this next year ... or at easter :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

If anyone attends this event would you PLEASE take some photo's, and post them in the event calendar a.s.a.p. then I can add a link to the newsletter?   Cheers Sandi                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Jusr sorting out me long johns Kwak (tassel-less ones I'll add)Big smile Will try and get some good piccys...Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i only live 8 miles from the vic, the cars etc are still iced up, is this still going ahead, cause if the route is what BC said there gonna go round some dicey areas, just deciding whether to put the bike away or go ???                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Looks a bit dodgy to me!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i agree jim, as ya know i live in shilton and the ice has not defrosted on the garden path etc.......i aint gonna risk it i dont think                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

we had a dustin of snow last night. even with the sun it's not melting. would be dangerous i think. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

morning guys, just had more than a dusting of snow here this morning and it has fallen on last nights frozen offering so very dodgy underfoot/two wheels.  I was hoping to join you but looking at this lot me and "Spock" will be staying home.......not worth the risk.  Enjoy if you go, keep warm and be very very careful too................Ill be thinking of you all Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

decision made, at home and cooking a chilli as i type........well not literally but you all know what i mean !!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Fresh back from Brass Monkey, cracking time, roads were all good, no ice or snow but it did rain a bit half way round. The sound of all the bikes pulling away together was awsome....... And would you adam and eve it, I parked my bike next to Rose and Ruby...... I have put some piccys on the events page Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7930 seconds. There are 824 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption