removing baffles.....anyone tried it ???

49 Posts | Latest reply on 02/12/2009 22:59:45 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

just wondered if anyone had tried to take the baffles out of cruiser type pipes, i know i can buy some straight through drag pipes for around 500 pound, but i have looked on line and the baffles just seem to be a glorified tube in the end of the pipe ????
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

If you are fitting Vance and Hines then DEFINITELY go for the quiet baffles and fit them.   Without them the sound is just too raw and the baffles make just enough difference.   Alter your FuelPak or equivalent accordingly though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

was thinking of taking them out of the stock pipes buddy ????????                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Sorry, thought you were thinking of fitting the baffles in the straight through pipes you were looking at. *slams head in drawer*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

the pipes look like v and h straight through, but with a silly baffle in, i want to remove them to let the 1600 v twin breathe ?                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Hi Ian my Harley had remus pipes - the baffles lol was nice sound too Cry i do miss that noise  
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

What is it about 'cruisers' that make people want them loud enough to rattle windows. I thought cruisin was all about just that? Isn't the racket of an inefficient 30 litre twin enough????? LOL

Most sound like someone farting in the bath anyway, leave the baffles in and step away from the bike Ian, IMO  Thumbs UpWinkLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

ah Rusty Rusty Rusty.....  Clown   It's because they strangle the bike to get through emission/noise regulations.   Once you clear her throat (along with a few more tweaks) she will dance like she was meant to!   The change in my bike was amazing...                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

p.s. talking about people farting in baths, what a shame Edward Woodward passed away today..   Rest in Peace, Equaliser!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

bump                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

hehehe @ TC      ian its probably got a masive cat convertor box under the bike so removing baffles wont make much diffrence mate i tried on my VN15 nowt changed then i read some one burnt holes in there pistons coz they didnt put a ignition box thingy on it erm power comander thats it ! so if ur gonna do it  do it properly mate itll cost less in the long run !                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

LOLLOL

TeeCee I literally laughed out loud re Edward Woodward and thank you for the education re: the strangled cruisers!! Wink

Ian the baffles might be tack welded in situ before the two halves of the pipes are welded together and polished so removing them could be impossible anyway, sounds like you're spending 500 squidlets mateThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

nah....a few nicely drilled holes will do it !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

nope !                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yarp !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Now you've sacked the Bird Ian, are you flogging your fleece? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

which fleece or do you mean my honda jacket...                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

Mess with exhausts at your peril mate,do it properly or not at all.you have to take into consideration changes in back pressure and the need to adjust your mixture as well.Easy enough I suppose with carburettors but a tad more difficult with injectors.You could end up by doing considerable damage. *talks from bitter experience* Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

i told him pond dont think he believes though me but then what would i know ! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Sticking the carbon can on the CB did change the fueling quite noticeably before the Dynojet boys worked their magic with the PCIII.   So I'd go with Pond on this one Ian.  Mess with exhausts at your peril.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 588 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption