Going by Shells success.........

26 Posts | Latest reply on 04/11/2009 09:05:36 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

could we start a thread that gives tips to us 'wanna be's' ?  (Sorry Lou, couldn't think of another word !!!Confused)   sv_shell wrote: "I have to say the full size practice course I was on with Big_Liam was worth its wight in GOLD, to be able to practice the swerve & emergency stop & know what speed I was doing made it less daunting."   Must be loads of tips out there you can post for us, cheers Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

practice practice practice!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Kemton park 2:50  Nomoreblondes. Thumbs UpGeek                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

pmsl @ Blues......................nothing wrong with us blondes ..........world would be boring without us lmao! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Too right BH !!! Thumbs Up   So Blue's, any serious tips for us ?                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

havin past my test a long time before "real bike tests" started i couldn't possibly give advice. I've no doubt that there'll be plenty of opinions expressed, sorry  i mean tips on how to ride a bike properly.Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Guess thats what its all about though, opinions/tips - what worked for you when you passed - doesn't really matter when it was.  My brother passed in 1982 and I'm sure if I sought his advice he'd say pretty much what Tracey said,   practice practice practice!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

I'm sure Liam will have plenty of advice for those intrepid learners among us, but for my half-penneth worth:

Practice is key, but I believe anyone looking at taking the mod 1 & 2 tests needs a decent amount of real-life practice too. Shell has done about 1500 miles since June.

Almost all of those miles have been accompanied. For example, Shell and I did a 150 mile round trip to the ponderosa when we got back from our hols, and I think it did a lot for confidence. Added to this, as we have bike to bike comms, I was able to give a few comments as we were riding, and the encouragement of 'that's much better' along the way.

So... Get yourself friendly with a biker with am intercom set, and you'll get a lot of 'free' tuition !!! :-)
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Experience!   Get out on the roads, no matter what the weather and get some road time in.  Obviously don't go out if it's snowing a blizzard though.                                                                                                                                                                                   
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Rusty favours intercoms too, we saw a few on bikes for sale on the web, I think thats a great idea though for giving encouragement and tips along the way when riding out together Thumbs Up   Experience in all weathers, nice one Mark Thumbs Up   Riding out in the dark too                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

We met a lad on Saturday recovering from a broken arm after falling off on the swerve/brake maneuvre. The examiner refused to carry on with the test because he couldn't fasten his helmet with one hand. There's been loads more stories of others falling off so it sounds as if it's an achievement surviving the test without injury, let alone passing it! Shocked Practice the manouvre on black ice with preferably a strangers bike is my advice Thumbs Up

I do like intercoms nut but I did tell you about the mute button didn't I GeekWink

moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Hi Nut I started a thread specially for this a few months back here is the link I hope it works   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3373                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Its called learners L plates and tests                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

My First ever post on here!!!!! I've been thinking about trying again on two wheels but am totally terrified Hiya everyone x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi zelah,,,,,getting on two wheels is a lot less scary than posting on hereLOL,,,,,go for it-it will be one of the best things you'll do !!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks cw!! Did my cbt 20yrs ago but came off on a lesson and it scared me no end...starting to get the bug though Lol Thanks for the encouragement                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

ur not a propper rider till u fell off seven times with a horse dont think bike s much diffrent lol get back on it wot makes us stronger       it not about making a mistake but how u deal with it that counts                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

It's a lot further to fall off a horse, than a bike. And a bike always does as it's told, unlike a horse, which has a mind of it's own.Big smile   Keep practicing, there's no rush, it'll all come togetherThumbs Up We were all there once.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Yayyyyyyyyyyy Zel, great to see you on here and the profile pic looks great Thumbs Upxxxxxxxxx   Rusty, I have no idea what you mean re; mute button EmbarrassedLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Cheers for the link Moonstone, going to have a proper look later Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8906 seconds. There are 1984 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption