fair weather or anything goes?

39 Posts | Latest reply on 05/10/2009 15:03:25 by excalibur | Go to original / last post
Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

As the title says really. Now the autumn is virtually up on us will you be putting the bike away for winter?   Or do you get a cheap hack to play on - perhaps a large off roader.   Or do you ride and ride and ride - sticking 2 fingers up to the weather and then ride some more???????                                                                                                                                                                             
dave23's Profile
dave23

In: Cardiff

most definitely the third option...                                                                                                                                                                             
dave23's Profile
dave23

must be my age but I do remember it getting a bit chilly on the M4 a few times last winter                                                                                                                                                                              
dave23's Profile
dave23

must be my age but I do remember it getting a bit chilly on the M4 a few times last winter ..lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Don't drive a car, 40 miles to work, no option really.

Interesting rather than fun though, from now until spring...

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Have no option now as only form of transport. It tends to be dryer in winter anyway. just wrap up a bit. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

will still be out and about,just not when its icy                                                                                                                                                                             
Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough

I am lucky at the minute and have a couple of bikes to choose from. The Fireplace will stay in the garage (where it has been most of the year) and I will ride my V-Strop through the winter - the fact it has heated grip fitted has absolutely nothing to do with it LOL The sports bike spins up to easy so the V-Strop is a better choice I recon. Still have a LTM to throw at the scenery when required so always riding regardless to weather - dont think I would want to be a pillion through the worst of it though.
uglyducklin's Profile
uglyducklin

In: yorkshire

only means of transport , to and from work, and playtime on days off , so all weathers for me and my trusty stead :)                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

snow is a good chance to practice my speedway  tecnic winter rideing keeps you sharp knakkers ya bike thow get a spair !                                                                                                                                                                               
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

WN hey those are mine lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

I'm not daft (OK, don't answer that...)
If it's piddlin down or freezing then I'll go by car, particularly if there's ice on the road. But a half-decent day in winter and the bike comes out to play. Always has done.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

bike only!! no matter wot the weather                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

bike when possible...........................despite the weather lol!!! Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I go on my bike all year round, but saying that if it is piddlin down i or icy I take the car. I am thinking of getting some heated grips at least though because i really feel the cold and hope that these may at least help a little bit.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You do feel the cold don't you, you were cold at the rally,!!! I on the other hand have my flushes to keep me warm, saves on the electrickery too !! lol There are some advantages to getting older!Tongue                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

roll on me hot flushes then if they will keep me warm on the bike in the winterLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

ill mostly be driving me car or me van from now. any nice days ill get the bike out or obviously any rallies ill go on me bike no matter if its raining snowing icy or what lol                                                                                                                                                                              
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

My bike is away for the winter...mainly cos its not insured now lol...but it wouldnt come out anyway. I dont do getting wet or cold on a bike. Thats why i have a car, with heaters, and a windscreen and everyfink! Plus my car puts a big grin on my face, so its more fun in the winter Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

I have been an all weather girl as a pillion for over 26yrs...and been out all year round...

Whilst I have had my bikes this year..it has done nothing but rain hail etc..and I have ridden out in it....

I will take Ruby out..but it all depends on what I am doing...etc..but I am certainly not putting her away all winter...NO WAY...I couldn't bear not riding for that amount of time...anyway we don't have a summer as such so you can't really be a fair weather rider for any length of time as the seasons are not seasons anymore!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 512 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption