Bikes V Cars

40 Posts | Latest reply on 24/09/2009 19:39:01 by RustyKnight | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've noticed over the past few weeks that 'tin canners' get repeatedly slated for failing to see bikes and even car 'brands' are being targeted as if the badge makes any difference??

I drive a car mostly but also ride a bike and so i'm always looking out for bikes. As a biker we weave in and out of the tin canners, filter through them when they're going too slow for us yet expect them to understand where we are and what our intentions are when we arrive behind them like a balistic missile and peel their paint off with the acceleration when we pass!

I've ridden 5k over the last 3 months and not had a single incident or 'close shave' with any car including beemers or audis cos as a biker i'm also aware of car drivers limitations and ride accordingly. Some car drivers have never ridden a bike so have no real understanding of our vulnerability!

If i'm in the car I pass lorries with caution as I know they have blind spots the same as car drivers do where bikes are concerned.

Maybe if we all became road users instead of 'tin canners' and 'bikers' we could all be educated in each others needs and far less 'close shaves' or ultimately accidents would occur between us.

Anyone any thoughts on this?? Geek

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

think you hit the nail on the head buddy.....nice post                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

Nice one RK                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

"Quote" Arrive behind them like a ballistic missile and strip their paint with the acceleration when we pass them ???? You ride a Fazer !!!!!!! That only happens when your on a Blackbird...Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i got one of them, and i agree they do do that !!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
nuttydriver's Profile
nuttydriver

In: Frome

I've been riding bikes n driving cars since the 70's. In 79 I wrote off a car with my bike, was my fault for overtaking near a junction, at the time i blamed the car driver for not indicating. I've seen some absolute idiot bikers taking stupid risks and i've seen a white van man try n take a bike out by swerving into him and hitting the bikes exhaust (M25 a few weeks back). I stick with the view that everyone is out to kill me on the bike and ride accordingly, i've not had a single bike problem since the 70's but I have been rear ended in the car 7 times by other cars. Ride within your limits and keep a zone of safety around yourself and you will reduce the chance of an accident but you will never be totally safe on a road as there is always some nutter doing something stupid.  Bikers or tin canners we all need to have our heads tuned into staying alive and watching out for that idiot, wether they are cyclists, car, bike, coach or HGV drivers.
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

jockwalian don't make me educate you on the performance of a Fazer, we've done that one before LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

I'm only a car passenger, not this year, or pilly (again occasionally) so the Nut will refrain from commenting, will stick to camping thread  and abuse accordingly!!Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

well said rk and very true, also there r the idiot car drivers like the 1 i came across the other week, i woz sat opposite my house indicating to turn right 2 park outside my house, waiting 4 a gap in the cars, wen the driver behind me decided to overtake me just as i woz turnin. luckily i seen him and stopped b4 he knocked me off.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Knicker fillers !!! Best bike by a mile that i`ve ever owned  Big smile Sorry for going off thread but i must bestow the virtues of owning one of these.Tour for ever,scratch with the best of them and put the 6mm spacer in and Rossi would have a problem keeping up !  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

6mm spacer jock ?? tell me more buddy                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

drobs could that be down to our teeny little indicators! I've been behind many a bike with those tiny little LED indicators that are ni on impossible to see in sunlight. Not saying that was the problem but you'll never know. Car indicators are much larger and easier to spot Thumbs Up

Nut, don't start! AngryLOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ian i`ll PM you cuz i`m being rude and stealing the thread. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Yes get your hands off my thread jock!! AngryWink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ok thanks                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorry Rusty ! Unhappy But as you ride a Fazer you must be thick skinned anyway ! Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Nuts only just begun.....                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

*ahem*

So back to thread then Geek

drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

RK....................does a 20yr old virago have led indicators??????                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Erm drobs I think not but they're still tiny compared to a cars Wink                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 923 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption