Ruby needs a full service...

70 Posts | Latest reply on 09/10/2009 15:40:36 by WheelyNealy | Go to original / last post
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ruby is need of a full service..can you tell me what would be done for her in a full service...I live near Derby ...can anyone recommend a very good bike mechanic to do the job for me..one I can trust and not be ripped off by....valve clearance might need doing

Thank you !!!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

she was only done about 2,ooo miles ago rose                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wud that be Roaring Ruby?Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i am sure rose will be glad of your offer xk....on a serious note, does anyone know the service intervals etc for a gsx750F                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

Rose/Ian, I think the service intervals were the unusual (but common for Suzuki) 3750 miles and maybe your clearances about every 7500. Could be wrong. Haynes do a manual if you want to do a bit yourself but otherwise get an original owners manual, only about £5-7 from a dealer. It will tell you what needs doing/when and will give basic details of where things are.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cheers limes, i am sure rose will get a manual                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Might be an idea just to give a local dealer a quick call ... They should know how often it needs doing.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

spoke to rose this morning, she seems to think it need the valves doind, clearences etc.....i think she has a friend that will sort it for her                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well Mr_P knows a good Suzuki dealer she can ring for advice, its local to us but he is a great guy & wont give bad advice Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

we bought the bike for our friend to use at the bulldog, and to go round wales afterwards, it didnt miss a beat, i have been brought up with cars and bikes as my dad still owns a car garage in manchester, the bike and engine seemed fine to me, but if rose wants it doing for peice of mind thats cool
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Never Trust main dealers or any dearlers for that matter!   I went to my local honda dealer to ask what would be the next major service on my bike and what would it intail!   They got two things wrong straight off the bat! "Tappets and cam chain adjustment! Is quite on wineded because of the patrial strip down!"   erm no was my reply what you meen no I said this bike has fully automatic hydraulic tappits! and an automatic cam chain adjuster!   I turned and walked away from a £160 service pluse consumables!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

i did a basic service on mine yesterday,did oil,plugs filters no probs easy peasy!                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Shes sounding a bit rough now Ive taken her out....and for some reason shes bouncing a bit too much....so perhaps the suspension is a bit soft..other than that its for peace of mind...Its got the mileage for a good check over...think I should make sure Ruby is in tip top condition as shes a cracking bike and I want her to be more than 100%

Ian Ive gone through all her documents and it says her last service was at 12723 miles on 17th Sept 02....
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

do what ya gotta do rose, noworries, i dont understand why she is suddenly sounding rough....she has just done around a 1000 miles trouble free......with brian on her who as 18 stone......and no suspension bounce...but if ya worried get her in to a suzuki approved garage.
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Ooooo cant afford Suzuki prices.....                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

no i mean a mechanic who is suzuki approved, sv shell posted on this thread that ian knew someone, so may be worth dropping her a pm rose.                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Thanks just reading thread now properly..well its late...                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

think it may be you making weird noises rosie and perhaps you that needs that servicing lmfao.....                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Ive been needing a full service and overhaul for a very long time now Ian...but Ive had no body offer lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

In: Swindon

BC im up to see my daughter on the 5th in Kirkby near Mansfield, i had the retro version of your bike and did all my own servicing, if you want me to help you out with the servicing just let me know?   2wheelySmile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9844 seconds. There are 900 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption