Impromptu ride round europe

26 Posts | Latest reply on 07/08/2009 18:11:03 by mozie | Go to original / last post
mozie's Profile
mozie

In: Chelmsford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ello one n all... Seein as my ex has scuppered my plans to take my kids to spain in the summer hols, i figured "sod it" i'll go to Faro...but i donrt have time to sort it now. So i'l gonna jump on the bike and have a ride round europe...at the mo i dont know exactly when or where i'm gonna go but if anyone wants to join in they are more than welcome, or if anyone has any ideas where i can go...they will be welcomed too. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GO, MOZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Hi Mozie ...     Mr_P & I went round parts of France in April , not the best month but the French roads are fantastic Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

good luck buddy, if only....i will do that one day                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Yes Matt...was thinkin the same bud. Ok Shell ta. Cheers Ian                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hey mozie, wherever you go, if you can internet access each day, you could keep us all posted where what ya doing...that would be cool                                                                                                                                                                             
londonblade's Profile
londonblade

In: london

sound like a plan without any plan !!! i like it ,,i might be up for some of that ,,if it fits in with the rest of the mahem in my life...                                be lucky                                                                                                                                                                               
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Mozie, if you are interested in Europe, then as far as scenery and biking roads are concerned, you can't really do better than aiming for the Alps.   French Alps, Austria, Switzerland etc are all fantastic.   A blast down through France to get there, a few days there and then a scenic run back up through the Black Forest is what I'd recommend.                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Cheers guys... Rite...9th August is the day i head off in to the quite probably grey sunrise! Matt does that fit anywhere wiv you?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Moz,   I say you should go to the Italian Alps too if you get chance, absolutely amazing.  Here's photos from my trip last year... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_photo...ent_id=160   That was september, weather was awesome.   You can visit me anytime before Sept 13th.  I can't take any more time off work tho cos all my hols are accounted for now this year.   I'll check my work schedule in the morning for you, tell you when's best.   You don't wanna stay too long though cos the roads are crap.  Get down into the Ardenne (sorry cant spell) if possible                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Here's august, where there's an X i'm working...   1-Aug-2009 Saturday X 2-Aug-2009 Sunday X 3-Aug-2009 Monday   4-Aug-2009 Tuesday X 5-Aug-2009 Wednesday X 6-Aug-2009 Thursday X 7-Aug-2009 Friday X 8-Aug-2009 Saturday   9-Aug-2009 Sunday   10-Aug-2009 Monday X 11-Aug-2009 Tuesday X 12-Aug-2009 Wednesday X 13-Aug-2009 Thursday X 14-Aug-2009 Friday X 15-Aug-2009 Saturday   16-Aug-2009 Sunday   17-Aug-2009 Monday X 18-Aug-2009 Tuesday X 19-Aug-2009 Wednesday   20-Aug-2009 Thursday   21-Aug-2009 Friday   22-Aug-2009 Saturday X 23-Aug-2009 Sunday X 24-Aug-2009 Monday X 25-Aug-2009 Tuesday X 26-Aug-2009 Wednesday   27-Aug-2009 Thursday   28-Aug-2009 Friday   29-Aug-2009 Saturday X 30-Aug-2009 Sunday X 31-Aug-2009 Monday                                                                                                                                                                               
mozie's Profile
mozie

Lol kinda counts that out then bud...leavin on 9th and intend to be back in UK by 15th.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

DOH!   I'd go to the Italian Alps, but you don't have long to get there and back really.  Could do with a couple of weeks to enjoy the ride down (Rather than just pushing yourself)                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Matt's right Mozie.   As I said before, I'd head for the Alps if I was you and the southern Alps are the best.  It would mean a few days of hard riding to get there and back, but it would be really worth it.   The other option would be to stick to the eastern France/Belgium/Luxembourg area; Black Forest, Ardennes etc.   I wish I'd done that in May when I took Roachy abroad instead of trying something different, in this case the flatness and boredom of eastern France lol!  I think I'm making up for this at the moment though by taking her to Devon.                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Yeah i can only afford a week for this...gotta have a week to have me kids in th summer hols then gonna take em away in Oct...bein self employed is a real ball ache sometimes.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hey mozie, a week is better than nothing, i am so jealous, will get abroad on my bike one day.                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

I said the same thing for ages bud...you'll do it!                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

OK...so the euro plan has been binned...its now gonna be a UK n Ireland tour...gonna start off headin to the emerald isle then up the west side to Scotland...then back down the east side...i owe a few people a beer or 5 so i'll be expectin to go for a few here n there! Anyone up for a meet gissa shout! Rite...rough guess at a route... Home to Newport, then up to Hollyhead, then ferry to Dublin, up to Belfast, over to see the Giants causeway, then back to Dublin, ferry to Liverpool, up to Ambleside , then up to Glasgow, Across to Edinburgh, down to Newcastle, then Middlesbrough to see an old friend, then York, Deby and home All these places have somethin or someone i want to see...or are just nice rides!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

is the last one derby mozie, ??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Mozie If you can be a bit more specific with the dates that you are riding from Ambleside to Glasgow / Edinburgh,i might join you for a few hours along with a few of my mates. I know i am a newbie but as with most of us we are always up for a blast.( I am a bit old for that terminology) a nice trip out is what i meant to say.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 539 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption